Japanese studio Nendo's range of watches based on draughtsmen's tools is now available for pre-order exclusively at Dezeen Watch Store.
The Draftsmen 01-Scale watches are the first in a series of timepieces by Nendo that replicate graphic elements from ruler increments.
Related story: Scale watches by Nendo mark the time with ruler increments
Thin lines of various lengths surround the face, with hour markers extending to meet numbers that sit above them like inch or centimetre indicators. These marks are printed directly onto the crystal rather than the face.
"We hoped our design would function like a tool to help wearers measure time as they would measure length," said the studio.
Two sizes designed for men's and women's wrists both have calf-leather straps that pass through deep 9.5-millimetre brushed stainless steel cases.
The watches are available to pre-order throughout August. Orders made during this period will be shipped week commencing 1 September.
Dezeen Watch Store is unable to take orders from Asia due to an agreement with the manufacturer.
- Dakar by Marco Dessí for Skitsch
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
- RCA graduate Ying Chang takes graphic de…sign’s grid system into three dimensions
- Squares by Nosigner
- Dear Disaster by Jenny Ekdahl
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Gwenael… Nicolas
- Paralympic design: adaptive sailing equi…pment
- Fab.com and One Nordic reveal first coll…ection under new design brand Hem
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save £1…00 on GO by Naoto Fukasawa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories