Lamps in Rich Brilliant Willing's Quart range all comprise a solid marble base and a similar-shaped aluminium shade.
Related story: Dan Yeffet creates Torch floor light from marble and glass
These two elements are connected on one side with a wooden stem, fixed halfway up both sections.
The shade pivots around the connection point, so the light can be turned to face different directions.
"Quart is a reading or directional lamp friendly to contract and residential settings, with a swivelling shade that can be directed as needed," said Rich Brilliant Willing.
The electrical cord is embedded into the wood, running up the back of the pole before looping out and into the shape.
"Comprised of simple cylindrical volumes, its minimal footprint is anchored by solid stone and highlights any moment in your home or workspace," said the brand.
The lamps are available as a compact table model or as a floor version with an extended stem.
Finish options include a white or charcoal marble base; a walnut, oak, black-painted oak wooden stem; and a white or black aluminium shade.
These colours can be mixed and matched to form various compositions, including an all-black design.
Marble is currently enjoying a revival in contemporary design. Recent projects we've featured that use the material include a lamp that pairs the stone with blown-glass top and a collection of products made from unwanted marble tiles.
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- The Hatton and Hyde ranges by Assemblyro…om
- Audi showcases Prologue concept car in M…iami
- M.A.S.S.A.S. by Patricia Urquiola for Mo…roso
- Products of Silviculture by Sebastian Co…x
- Mimosa by Jason Bruges Studio
- New products by Discipline
- Fondue Stool by Satsuki Ohata is modelle…d on molten cheese
- John Pawson's minimal oak furniture sits… on chunky angled legs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories