This clothes hanger by German studio A'postrophe Design twists into a new shape to hold multiple garments and save space in the wardrobe (+ slideshow).
A'postrophe Design founder Ivan Zhang designed the Inside Out Hanger so that many items of clothing can be stored together, without having to take the top item off to get to the one beneath.
"Keeping the original shape and function, Hanger can easily twist into two paratactic hangers by using the feature of elastic material and a clever structure design," said Zhang.
Related story: Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace hooks with magnets
"Then we can keep two pieces of clothes hanging on the same hanger, which is a common usage in daily life."
"However, the difference is that Hanger can help people freely take off the inside clothes, rather than taking off the outside ones first," he continued.
The design starts as loop-shaped hanger that can hold a shirt across the top and a pair of trousers folded over the lower portion.
When the top and bottom sections are pulled apart, the continuous strip of elastic material turns inside out and forms two hoops that clip together in the centre to make a figure of eight.
Extra elements that are hidden within the loop when folded away pop out to create two sets of arms for holding garments, one above the other.
"With Hanger we can hang the clothes together after matching them well," Zhang said. "Moreover the circular ring, naturally formed at the bottom of Hanger by turning it inside out, can be used to hang some accessories, such as scarfs, ties, etc."
The translucent plastic handle has hooks at each end, so functions both when upright or flipped over.
Other innovative designs for storing clothes include hangers that replace hooks with magnets and a Z-shaped product that easily fits through the neck hole of a shirt.
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- Bespoke Sex Toys by Made to Pleasure
- Sling chair by Note Design Studio is siz…ed for compact spaces
- "I think I swallowed some of the resin" …- Phil Cuttance
- New bus for London by Thomas Heatherwick
- Tweety table lamp by Giorgio Bonaguro
- Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush by Jacq…ues-Elie Craig Ribeyron
- New Stuff exhibition at the Johnson Trad…ing Gallery
- Spruce Stove that burns a whole tree tru…nk by Michiel Martens and Roel de Boer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories