Norwegian fashion brand HAiK and eyewear company Kaibosh have collaborated to design a collection of sunglasses that can be worn in two ways (+ movie).
Related story: Nendo and Camper team up for sunglasses range
The metal temples rotate 180 degrees back and forth around the hinge. Temple tips are flat and symmetrical so they fit over the ears both ways.
Thick plastic frames are formed from different colours on either side, creating two styles in one pair. Colour combinations include mother of pearl and honey turtle, and tortoise and black.
The two Norwegian brands teamed up after HAiK decided to create an eyewear range and looked to Kaibosh for its expertise in the field.
"When HAiK approached us we were thrilled to work together on developing something completely out-of-the-box and never seen before," said Kaibosh creative director Helge Flo.
"The collaborative nature of their brand (HAiK means hitch hike in Norwegian), as well as their interest in the social meaning of clothes and fashion allowed us to reach a high level of innovation that we are really excited about."
The limited-edition sunglasses are available with round or rectangular tinted lenses in five colour pairings, online or in selected stores.
Japanese studio Nendo has also been making glasses more versatile with an eyewear range that replaces screws with magnets so the temples can be replaced and swapped for different colours.
- Shoes by Tracey Neuls and Tord Boontje… for Selfridges
- Origami-influenced umbrella "bounces b…ack into shape" after blowing inside out
- Ancient volcanic rock and carbon fibre… spliced together in Onyx sofa by Peugeot Design Lab
- Gothic Chair by Studio Job for Moooi
- Frida Escobedo creates an Aztec-inspir…ed installation in the V&A courtyard
- Arne Jacobsen Station and Roman watche…s at Dezeen Watch Store
- Lasso Shoes by Gaspard Tiné-Berès at… Show RCA 2012
- Bouroullec brothers design a bent stee…l triangle to frame Artek furniture collection
- Norse chair by Simon Pengelly for Modu…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories