Models wearing hazard-striped garments stood still as conveyor belts transported them past guests at House of Holland's London Fashion Week presentation (+ slideshow).
The travelator-style runway was used to showcase the Autumn Winter 2015 collection from British designer Henry Holland's label during the show on Saturday.
Yellow and black stripes marked the edges of the moving catwalk, which carried the models along three tracks that formed a U-shaped in the space at the University of Westminster, with audience members sat either side.
The hazard-tape motif was also used across the clothes in Holland's collection, titled Uptown Urchins.
Also presented in red-and-white and blue-and-white, the stripes were used in panels perpendicular to each other for shirts and in sections arranged at oblique angles for dresses.
Large checks were used at various scales, either in tones of pink or as rubber panels appliquéd to sheer fabric.
Bomber jackets and cropped sweaters in quilted satin continued the blush-coloured palette, while jackets and knits shown later in the presentation featured dark blue hues.
Combining these colours, a range of tartans – commonly used in Holland's designs – were applied in combinations to create patchwork garments that Holland described as "loose, oversized and co-ordinated".
"Tough", "kinky" and "put together" were also used by the designer to describe the collection, referring to his black rubber waistbands and latex trousers.
Holland also formed voluminous dresses from Mongolian sheepskin, which was dyed to create colourful chevrons.
Outfits were accessorised with black neckerchiefs and glossy boots, completing the "trustafarian street urchin" look intended by Holland.
Concluding today, this season's London Fashion Week also featured a spiky pink foam catwalk at Mary Katrantzou's show, while Gareth Pugh's return to the city was hosted in the V&A museum's Raphael Gallery.
- Black Widow by Gisele Ganne
- Hello Wood builds Budapest Christmas tre…e from 5000 pieces of firewood
- Concrete collection by Matali Crasset fo…r Concrete by LCDA
- Nendo teams up with Luca Nichetto to cre…ate lights based on ice lollies
- Hugo Moreno animates retro-futuristic ci…ty for Art Department music video
- Work Sofa by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Clothing designed for chairs by Bernotat… & Co
- 12 Shapes of Paper by Estonian Academy o…f Arts students
- Yen Chen Chang's knitted sensors control… everyday electronic products
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories