Justin McGuirk is a writer, critic and curator based in London. He is the director of Strelka Press, the publishing arm of the Strelka Institute in Moscow. He has been the design columnist for The Guardian, the editor of Icon magazine and the design consultant to Domus. In 2012 he was awarded the Golden Lion at the Venice Biennale of Architecture for an exhibition he curated with Urban Think Tank.
Stories by Justin McGuirk
- "Mad Max cornered the market in a partic…ular vision of the post-apocalyptic future"
- "Anything threatening to be a subculture… is commodified before it can walk"
- "No one will ever write a book called Ze…n and the Art of iPhone Maintenance"
- "Protest has been marginalised"
- "The perfect architectural symbol for an… era obsessed with customisation and participation"
- "We are not in the midst of a revolution…, we are between revolutions"
- "To stick it to The Man, first you have …to let him trouser your money"
- "Design is complicit in economic and pol…itical systems that are inherently violent"
- "Design critics make an exception for ce…rtain technology products"