WantedDesign is a new event taking place at La Venue, Terminal Store, 11th Avenue & 28th Street. Dezeen Watch Store will present bestsellers from our collection including the Uniform Wares 100 series (above) and the VOID V02 (below).
Here's information about WantedDesign:
AN INTERNATIONAL DESIGN EVENT IN NYC, MAY 13-16 2011
WantedDesign, a new international design event during ICFF
La Venue, Terminal Store, 11th Avenue & 28th Street
May 14 - 16, 10 am - 7 pm (open to the public on Sunday)
May 14 - 16, 5 pm - 6 pm
May 14 - 16 pm, all day, with focus each day, 2 pm - 3 pm
May 13, 5 - 7 pm
May 13, 7 - 10 pm (by invitation only)
May 13, at 6 pm: Announcement and Presentation of the “BrokenOff BrokenOff”/ Gallery R’Pure exhibit. (www.brokenoffbrokenoff.com)
May 15, 4:00-4:45 pm: Introduction/Presentation of the Expotential Project (ten urban interventions/ten design labs) presented by Laetitia Wolff (futureflair).
Year after year, Design Week blossoms in NYC in May, at the time of the ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair). This year, we are happy to launch an exclusive design event for the industry, the visitors and the city of New York: WantedDesign NYC, in a special place and format reflecting what New York is about: multi-cultural, provocative, contrasted, innovative, full of energy and talent.
WantedDesign’s goal is to build year after year a creative platform bringing together international designers, architects, interior designers, craftsmen, editors, manufacturers, curators and communication specialists to showcase, share and discuss inspiring and innovative design.
These 3 days of non stop design events include: A balanced and harmonious selection of well established companies’ newest products as well as designer prototypes and the launch of a new furniture label, from the US, France or New Zealand. A series of craftsmen workshops combined with live demonstrations of the latest design technologies. A series of conversations to share, question, discuss design topics with the main actors of the design and architecture scene.
You are invited to join this beautiful and convivial New York space for the first edition of WantedDesign, for three days of viewings, happenings, workshops and conversations!
• Ligne Roset, presenting a special installation of products designed by Philippe Nigro
• Voos Gallery, Brooklyn based design gallery presenting new works from a selection of the new generation of New York based designers
• Triode Gallery, Parisian galley presenting a selection of creative lighting
• Colleen&Eric, Brooklyn based designers to present new pieces
•« Talents from France», Tabisso edition, S. Marin, Olivier Dollé first introduction on the US market
• R’Pure Studio presenting a few new products, including an installation in collaboration with Tai Ping creative team
• Verodalla, presenting a unique art installation
• Eduardo Benamor Duarte, presenting the LIC chair prototype
• David Trubridge, New Zealand based designer presenting his latest creation
• C4 Christiane Bussgen +4 Alonso, an avocado story...
• Joe Doucet, launching «whytelabel», its new line of furniture
• April Hannah, showcasing a selection of furniture
• Lerival, introducing the Icon modular shelving system, an architectural furniture piece
• Excellence Group will present 4 of the finest craftsmen companies (including Gohard Gilding, EDM, Jean Joseph,...)
• Les Heritiers, traditional techniques and savoir-faire revisited through contemporary design
• “Fresh from Brasil”/Objeto Brasil, presentation of the 2010 winners of IDEA Brazil, the largest Brazilian Industrial Design Awards
• Francois Brument, introducing KiLight, its latest exploration of new technologies and interactive design process. First presentation for WantedDesign
• Artefacto, promoting french art school student’s work through 3D visualisation and augmented reality
• Steelspace, a unique WantedDesign steel container to start the event on the street
• May14, 5:00pm-6:30pm: “Synergies between Architecture and Furniture”, with Jacques Ferrier ( Jacques Ferrier architectures), Dominique Gonfard (Lerival), Matilda McQuaid (Cooper Hewitt National design Museum), Dror Benshetrit (StudioDror) , Winka Dubbeldam (archi-tectonics nyc), Marc Thorpe (Third Eye Studios).
• May 15, 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm: “The new generation of designers”, with Dwell Editor in chief, Sam Grawe, Rama Chorpash (Parsons School of Design), Antoine Roset (Ligne Roset USA), Francois Brument, Todd Bracher, Brad Ascalon, Philippe Nigro.
• May 16, 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm: “Cultural impact on design”, with Jaime Odabachian, David Trubridge, Matali Crasset, Frederick McSwain, Giulio Cappellini (Cappellini), Joe Doucet (Joe Doucet studio).
How can today’s designers revisit in a contemporary way traditional savoir faire and materials? :
During the 3 days, a few of the finest craftsmen working with metal, wood, engraving, or gilding will collaborate on site, with designers to create a one of a kind piece, to be revealed on Monday night at the end of the event.
Coordination by Julien Legeard (Excellence Group), with the participation of LMC Corp (Les Metalliers Champenois), Gohard Gilding, Ateliers Jean Joseph,Santo et Jean Ya and designers Marc Thorpe (Third Eye Studios) and Brooks Atwood (POD- design founder, Assistant Professor at NJIT).
Few “designers meet craftsmen” times will be announced during the 3 days with special guests.
“Design in motion” :
French designer Francois Brument will demonstrate and share with the visitors the result of his most recent researches using new software to interact with human movement and lights.
Café: Sponsored by Fermob, La Colombe Torréfaction coffee, Kusmi tea.
Lounge: Sponsored by Bang&Olufsen and Ligne Roset.
Library corner: Sponsored by Quinze&Milan.
Additional sponsors :
Raison Pure Design Group, Open Skies, Cultural Services of the French Embassy / Institut Francais/Maison Francaise, Ikon photo, Appia Spa, Aquaovo, Steelspace.
Friends of WantedDesign: Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum, Classic Car Club, futureflair, Brad Ascalon Studio, Matilde Alessandra, Marc Thorpe, Frederick McSwain, Intramuros, Modern magazine, MIX magazine, Dezeen, Mocoloco, Core77, White Wall.
Pop up Stores:
Normann Copenhagen pop up store + A curated « Wanted pop up store » ( a selection of products curated by Wanted Design, including Dezeen Watch Store).
For more information, please visit: www.wanteddesignnyc.com
Follow us on twitter for the latest update on the program: www.twitter.com/wanteddesign
Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/wanteddesignnyc