Moritz Waldemeyer has sent us some backstage images from Hussein Chalayan's Autumn/Winter 2007/8 collection, which was shown in Paris yesterday.
Waldemeyer took the photos himself while working backstage at the show.
In his second collaboration with the fashion designer, designer-engineer Waldemeyer produced some new mechanical dresses plus dresses with full video capability: each is covered with 15,000 individually controllable LEDs, meaning the surface of the dresses can display moving video imagery.
"Basically there are two dresses where the whole dress is a display," says Waldemeyer, who first worked with Chalayan for his Spring/Summer 2007 collection last year, engineering remarkable mechanical dresses with motorised flaps and seams.
"I haven't really slept in a week," Waldemeyer adds, "So if you will excuse me, I'm going to collapse..."
Below: mechanical dresses from Chalayan's Spring/Summer 2007 collection, which Waldemeyer engineered.
- Boom Boom speaker by Mathieu Lehanneur h…as 20 faces
- Vincent Dubourg at Carpenters Workshop
- Richard Meier for Pierre Junod
- Phototrope shirt by Pauline van Dongen i…ncludes LEDs to improve safety for night runners
- Marc Newson for G-Star RAW
- Lex Pott and New Window sandblast tree r…ings to pattern furniture collection
- Diffusion Vessels by David Sutton
- Crystal Candy by Jaime Hayón
- Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Ma…gne-hinge glasses
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories