Moritz Waldemeyer has sent us some backstage images from Hussein Chalayan's Autumn/Winter 2007/8 collection, which was shown in Paris yesterday.
Waldemeyer took the photos himself while working backstage at the show.
In his second collaboration with the fashion designer, designer-engineer Waldemeyer produced some new mechanical dresses plus dresses with full video capability: each is covered with 15,000 individually controllable LEDs, meaning the surface of the dresses can display moving video imagery.
"Basically there are two dresses where the whole dress is a display," says Waldemeyer, who first worked with Chalayan for his Spring/Summer 2007 collection last year, engineering remarkable mechanical dresses with motorised flaps and seams.
"I haven't really slept in a week," Waldemeyer adds, "So if you will excuse me, I'm going to collapse..."
Below: mechanical dresses from Chalayan's Spring/Summer 2007 collection, which Waldemeyer engineered.
- Alchemy silk scarves by Cristian Zuzunag…a at The Temporium
- Roulade Sofa by KiBiSi for Versus
- Claesson Koivisto Rune designs giant con…ical pendant lamps for Wästberg
- Cau Sospensione by Martí Guixé for Dan…ese
- Upholstered Tapas Chair by Matthew Hilto…n
- Raf Simons and Adidas collaborate on tra…iner collection
- Yohji Yamamoto at the V&A
- Manufacturing the Timber Wave by AL_A an…d Arup
- Food Machine by PJADAD encourages collab…orative cooking
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories