Moritz Waldemeyer has sent us some backstage images from Hussein Chalayan's Autumn/Winter 2007/8 collection, which was shown in Paris yesterday.
Waldemeyer took the photos himself while working backstage at the show.
In his second collaboration with the fashion designer, designer-engineer Waldemeyer produced some new mechanical dresses plus dresses with full video capability: each is covered with 15,000 individually controllable LEDs, meaning the surface of the dresses can display moving video imagery.
"Basically there are two dresses where the whole dress is a display," says Waldemeyer, who first worked with Chalayan for his Spring/Summer 2007 collection last year, engineering remarkable mechanical dresses with motorised flaps and seams.
"I haven't really slept in a week," Waldemeyer adds, "So if you will excuse me, I'm going to collapse..."
Below: mechanical dresses from Chalayan's Spring/Summer 2007 collection, which Waldemeyer engineered.
- Paralympic design: Draft Mistral racing …wheelchairs
- Wen Jing Lai mixes knives and forks with… chopsticks to create Westiental cutlery
- Smoke by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Mark Braun celebrates "craft of making" …with Metro watch for Nomos Glashütte
- Eugeni Quitllet joins plexiglass backres…ts to Tabu chairs for Alias
- FaceOn by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- Vitality by fuseproject for Sabi
- Marcel Wanders wraps balloons in carbon …fibre to create lightweight chair
- Boiled-leather products by Simon Hasan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories