Moritz Waldemeyer has sent us some backstage images from Hussein Chalayan's Autumn/Winter 2007/8 collection, which was shown in Paris yesterday.
Waldemeyer took the photos himself while working backstage at the show.
In his second collaboration with the fashion designer, designer-engineer Waldemeyer produced some new mechanical dresses plus dresses with full video capability: each is covered with 15,000 individually controllable LEDs, meaning the surface of the dresses can display moving video imagery.
"Basically there are two dresses where the whole dress is a display," says Waldemeyer, who first worked with Chalayan for his Spring/Summer 2007 collection last year, engineering remarkable mechanical dresses with motorised flaps and seams.
"I haven't really slept in a week," Waldemeyer adds, "So if you will excuse me, I'm going to collapse..."
Below: mechanical dresses from Chalayan's Spring/Summer 2007 collection, which Waldemeyer engineered.
- Konstantin Grcic's first design for Ar…tek is a circular birch swivel chair
- Light Night 2009 by Linda Florence
- Bouroullec brothers forge wrought-iron… frames for Officina furniture
- Pangenerator creates jewellery with pr…ojected light
- Piet side table by Hugo Passos for the… Stepney Green Design Collection
- New Pinterest board: lamps
- Vera, Chapter One by KM and ÉM
- Aquaduct by IDEO
- Benjamin Hubert's WW Carafe features a… steel aerator to improve wine's flavour
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories