They have also designed Changing Vase (above) for the exhibition.
The vase is made of chocolate and features five layers of silver-foil wrapping which, when peeled away, reveal new layers of pattern.
Curated by Naoto Fukasawa, the Chocolate exhibition is the first to be held at the new design cultural centre established by the Issey Miyake Foundation and designed by Tadao Ando.
Here is a short text provided by Front:
"Chocolate" is the theme of the exhibition curated by Naoto Fukasawa at 21_21 Design Sight by Issey Miyake foundation.
We in Front have been inspired by figuratively shaped chocolate wrapped in metal foil. The printed wrapping makes the chocolate into a decorative object and a toy. As a kid you were torn between wanting to tear off the wrapping to eat the chocolate or keeping it.
We have made a series of vases in one: a Changing Vase. A chocolate brown glass vase is covered in five layers of foil. When you tear one layer off a new one will appear and change the expression of the vase.
- Maarten Baas for Established & Sons
- More from Moss
- Gala chandelier by Rich Brilliant Willin…g
- Stitching Concrete by Florian Schmid
- Experimenta One & Two by Alain Gilles
- Circus tables by Formfjord for Offecct
- James Patmore Studio launches debut home…ware collection
- Myto chair by Konstantin Grcic
- Hanna Yoon's Experience Journal helps yo…u record your favourite places
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories