They have also designed Changing Vase (above) for the exhibition.
The vase is made of chocolate and features five layers of silver-foil wrapping which, when peeled away, reveal new layers of pattern.
Curated by Naoto Fukasawa, the Chocolate exhibition is the first to be held at the new design cultural centre established by the Issey Miyake Foundation and designed by Tadao Ando.
Here is a short text provided by Front:
"Chocolate" is the theme of the exhibition curated by Naoto Fukasawa at 21_21 Design Sight by Issey Miyake foundation.
We in Front have been inspired by figuratively shaped chocolate wrapped in metal foil. The printed wrapping makes the chocolate into a decorative object and a toy. As a kid you were torn between wanting to tear off the wrapping to eat the chocolate or keeping it.
We have made a series of vases in one: a Changing Vase. A chocolate brown glass vase is covered in five layers of foil. When you tear one layer off a new one will appear and change the expression of the vase.
- "The architect-midwife should be brillia…nt at listening" - Gurmeet Sian
- Narcissus vases by New Craft let plants …bask in their own reflections
- OK lamp by Konstantin Grcic for Flos
- Peepoo bag by Anders Wilhelmson
- Swarm by Mike and Maaike
- Maker Faire Africa Workshop at Afrofutur…e
- Architects' Jewellery collection is made… up of miniature draughting tools
- Hello Wood builds Budapest Christmas tre…e from 5000 pieces of firewood
- Drop by Paul Cocksedge
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories