Kartell usually specialise in moulded plastic furniture but this sofa consists of two upholstered oblong blocks resembling choc ices, and very little else.
Manufacturer's info below:
design by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The collaboration between Kartell and the Bouroullec brothers continues. Pol is a sofa with a light chrome steel structure and a backrest and seat in expanded polyurethane, each consisting in a single padded element. Two simple armless elements, one practically fitted onto the other; an austere design which is softened exclusively by the hint of a curve at the ends. An object which reflects a contemporary lifestyle, and personalises permanent or temporary locations making them ultra-functional.
Material: structure: chromed steel; seat and backrest: expanded polyurethane.
Size: H. 85/150/200 cm; D. 65 cm; H. 70 cm.
Colori: fabric: white, black, red, green.
- Folding Techniques for Designers: basic …pleats
- Lina Patsiou's leather Sunclocks get tan…ned in the solarium
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics turn …everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Federico Babina inserts 20th century arc…hitecture into famous artworks
- Foster + Partners for Emeco
- Clocks by Stefan Strumbel
- Versatile lamp by Tuomas Auvinen wins Mu…uto Talent Award
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are He…re and Glamcult Studio
- Shreddies underwear that stops farts sme…lling
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories