Kartell usually specialise in moulded plastic furniture but this sofa consists of two upholstered oblong blocks resembling choc ices, and very little else.
Manufacturer's info below:
design by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The collaboration between Kartell and the Bouroullec brothers continues. Pol is a sofa with a light chrome steel structure and a backrest and seat in expanded polyurethane, each consisting in a single padded element. Two simple armless elements, one practically fitted onto the other; an austere design which is softened exclusively by the hint of a curve at the ends. An object which reflects a contemporary lifestyle, and personalises permanent or temporary locations making them ultra-functional.
Material: structure: chromed steel; seat and backrest: expanded polyurethane.
Size: H. 85/150/200 cm; D. 65 cm; H. 70 cm.
Colori: fabric: white, black, red, green.
- Strato Cruiser airship concept by Tino S…chaedler and Michael J Brown
- Digital Couture by Hermann August Weizen…egger
- Michael Young for Herdeiros Passanha
- Swarm by Mike and Maaike
- Eindhoven designer Piet Hein Eek: "I alw…ays want to make my own stuff"
- My London by Nendo for Established & Son…s
- "The Wind Portal tries to grasp and emph…asise common emotions and senses"
- Tube Chair by KiBiSi for Hay
- Vault by Laurens Manders
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories