The pieces, by students Béatrice Durandard (below), Delphine Rumo, Julien Renault (above and top) and Michel Charlot, were produced under the tutorship of designer Max Lamb.
All pictures are by ECAL/Michel Bonvin
Below: Delphine Rumo
Below: Michel Charlot
Info from ECAL follows:
Fire Works by ECAL at Design Miami/Basel
During Design Miami/ Basel from 3 to 5 June 2008, ECAL/University of Art and Design Lausanne will be presenting projects in glass by students of the Industrial Design Department following a workshop with Max Lamb
For it’s third participation at Design Miami/, ECAL proudly presents “Fire Works”, a collection of spectacular blown-glass lights designed by a selected group of 1st and 2nd year students from the Industrial Design Department, under the guidance of young British designer Max Lamb.
The students have developed a new collection of blown-glass lighting designed specifically for Design Miami/ Basel, each design exploring the visual and physical properties of glass and exploiting the potential of the glass blowing process in collaboration with Matteo Gonet, a young glass blower from Bern.
Description of the three projects:
A triptych of primary colour, ‘Les Modules’ comprises three individual glass cones of varying height and diameter that can be arranged in 36 configurations.
A game between surface and ceiling, ‘Table Lamp’ is a pendant light and a bowl blown from a single mould.
Representing the stem of a tree, ‘Des Souches’ is a family of three cylindrical vessels in dark, natural hued glass.
A glass monolith, ‘Une Lampe en Verre’ transforms thin sheets of glass into a dark volume of light.
Martkhalle Viadustrasse 10, 4057 Basel. www.designmiami.com
Exhibition open from 3 to 5 June 2008 (11am to 19pm).
- Baker Cookstove by Claesson Koivisto Run…e
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
- N-Light Membrane by Numen/For Use contai…ns an infinite grid of light
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies ta…ke the form of Italian landmarks
- The Reflection Range by Kim Thome at Sho…w RCA 2012
- Barnaby Barford creates fashion story fo…r Wallpaper*
- Pelle, Mikkel and Gullspira by Hella Jon…gerius for IKEA
- Book Vases by Laura Cahill
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories