Here's another project by Shanghai-baed architect Nobuhiro Nakamura of A-Asterisk, this time an interior signage system called Signterior.
The system helps people navigate within an office and shopping development in Shanghai.
See A-Asterisk's Leafy Shade interior in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the architect:
"SIGNTERIOR" is a project which we designed a space, using signages to guide people.
This complex building has 3 areas. Shopping area, SOHO area, and office area.
Also there are several entrances, and several elevators to go to each areas.
It is easy to get lost like this complex building, so we created 3 signages to guide people to each areas.
It is a new concept of creating space.
Project name: SIGNTERIOR
Location: SHANGHAI CHINA
Principle use: OFFICE, SHOPPINGMALL
Total floor area: 4400sqm
Design period: Sep. 2005 – May. 2006
Construction period: May. 2006 – Sept. 2008
Client; HAITAI REAL ESTATE
Architect; NOBUHIRO NAKAMURA (A-ASTERISK)
Signage designer: YUTAKA MAEDA (UJI DESIGN)
Lighting designer: MASAHIDE KAKUDATE (BONBOLI LIGHTING ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES)
Collabolator: TSUTOMU FUJIOKA (A-I-SHA ARCHITECTS)
Constructor: SHEN ZHEN MEISHU CONSTRUCTION
Photographer: NACASA & PARTNERS
- Bobby Gin Cocktail Bar by Normal
- Renovated Barcelona apartment by CaSA …features vaulted brick ceilings and colourful floor tiles
- Buero Wagner suspends bottles of forag…ed ingredients from ceiling of cocktail bar
- Summer house on stilts by Mats Fahland…er nestles into the landscape of a Swedish fjord
- Ta Lee Plaza by UNStudio
- Das Neue Kubitscheck by Designliga
- Old Street Kobiteh by Nelson Chow
- Paperboard Architecture by D’art for… VDP
- Cafe Ki by id
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories