Here's another project by Shanghai-baed architect Nobuhiro Nakamura of A-Asterisk, this time an interior signage system called Signterior.
The system helps people navigate within an office and shopping development in Shanghai.
See A-Asterisk's Leafy Shade interior in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the architect:
"SIGNTERIOR" is a project which we designed a space, using signages to guide people.
This complex building has 3 areas. Shopping area, SOHO area, and office area.
Also there are several entrances, and several elevators to go to each areas.
It is easy to get lost like this complex building, so we created 3 signages to guide people to each areas.
It is a new concept of creating space.
Project name: SIGNTERIOR
Location: SHANGHAI CHINA
Principle use: OFFICE, SHOPPINGMALL
Total floor area: 4400sqm
Design period: Sep. 2005 – May. 2006
Construction period: May. 2006 – Sept. 2008
Client; HAITAI REAL ESTATE
Architect; NOBUHIRO NAKAMURA (A-ASTERISK)
Signage designer: YUTAKA MAEDA (UJI DESIGN)
Lighting designer: MASAHIDE KAKUDATE (BONBOLI LIGHTING ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES)
Collabolator: TSUTOMU FUJIOKA (A-I-SHA ARCHITECTS)
Constructor: SHEN ZHEN MEISHU CONSTRUCTION
Photographer: NACASA & PARTNERS
- Raise your Game by the Wilson Brothers
- Spencer Hart flagship store by Shed and …Nick Hart
- Vagabond interior by Smånsk
- Cottrell House by The Decorators and Mea…nwhile Space
- GRAB Thai Street Kitchen by Mansikkamäk…i+JOY
- Oficina Caja de Arquitectos by Carlos Pe…reda Iglesias and Óscar Pérez Silanes
- Wooden Forest Apartment by Ikeda Yukie A…rchitects
- Meguro office space by Nendo
- Seaside Apartment by Ooze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories