Here's another project by Shanghai-baed architect Nobuhiro Nakamura of A-Asterisk, this time an interior signage system called Signterior.
The system helps people navigate within an office and shopping development in Shanghai.
See A-Asterisk's Leafy Shade interior in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the architect:
"SIGNTERIOR" is a project which we designed a space, using signages to guide people.
This complex building has 3 areas. Shopping area, SOHO area, and office area.
Also there are several entrances, and several elevators to go to each areas.
It is easy to get lost like this complex building, so we created 3 signages to guide people to each areas.
It is a new concept of creating space.
Project name: SIGNTERIOR
Location: SHANGHAI CHINA
Principle use: OFFICE, SHOPPINGMALL
Total floor area: 4400sqm
Design period: Sep. 2005 – May. 2006
Construction period: May. 2006 – Sept. 2008
Client; HAITAI REAL ESTATE
Architect; NOBUHIRO NAKAMURA (A-ASTERISK)
Signage designer: YUTAKA MAEDA (UJI DESIGN)
Lighting designer: MASAHIDE KAKUDATE (BONBOLI LIGHTING ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES)
Collabolator: TSUTOMU FUJIOKA (A-I-SHA ARCHITECTS)
Constructor: SHEN ZHEN MEISHU CONSTRUCTION
Photographer: NACASA & PARTNERS
- Kanazawa World Craft Triennial 2010 Pre-…event by Nendo
- Fashion by McQueen and Treacy in new exh…ibition of Isabella Blow's collection
- Haberdash by Form Us With Love
- SKVÍS by Siggi Eggertsson at Spark Des…ign Space
- Labyrinth of Woods by Point
- Zaha Hadid and Suprematism at Galerie Gm…urzynska Zurich
- McDonald's by Patrick Norguet
- Vopnabúrið by Sruli Recht
- Inside Awards: call for entries
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories