The exhibition, called Habitat Machines, includes compositions made from objects including coffee pots and bathroom scales.
The exhibition will be open 25 September - 19 October.
The following text is from gallery director Wil Kucey:
Habitat Machines - David Trautrimas
In 'Habitat Machines' David Trautrimas' photo-based architecture explores the construct of home with a series of residential buildings born of everyday objects. From Art Deco coffee pots to the Constructivist grid pattern on an old bathroom scale, Trautrimas searches for source materials which allude to a greater architectural doctrine usually unnoticed in these machines.
Then, by dramatic distortion of scale and context, elements of these objects are meticulously re-assembled into strikingly original structures that are paradoxically familiar by virtue of their origins.
- Farm by Studio Job
- VOID watches back in stock at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Carl Malmsten made me do it by David Eri…csson
- Sweeper Clock by Maarten Baas
- Giant Cubebot by David Weeks for Quinze …& Milanand Areaware at MOST
- Meals from Scratch packaging by Jeremy I…nnes-Hopkins
- Knauf and Brown encourages mindful engag…ement with everyday objects
- Asia's Tallest Mural by Hendrik Beikirch
- Inserper-able by Rolf Sachs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories