The exhibition, called Habitat Machines, includes compositions made from objects including coffee pots and bathroom scales.
The exhibition will be open 25 September - 19 October.
The following text is from gallery director Wil Kucey:
Habitat Machines - David Trautrimas
In 'Habitat Machines' David Trautrimas' photo-based architecture explores the construct of home with a series of residential buildings born of everyday objects. From Art Deco coffee pots to the Constructivist grid pattern on an old bathroom scale, Trautrimas searches for source materials which allude to a greater architectural doctrine usually unnoticed in these machines.
Then, by dramatic distortion of scale and context, elements of these objects are meticulously re-assembled into strikingly original structures that are paradoxically familiar by virtue of their origins.
- Concrete Ring Series by 22designstudio
- Stick Chair by Emmanuelle Moureaux
- Firemen walk with us by Rietveld Landsca…pe
- Bavaria by Studio Job
- The Rock Paper Scissors Playing Glove by… Steve Hoefer
- SANAA for Alessi
- Armoire Collection by Pinch
- Richard Sapper "wanted to design a multi…-sensorial kettle" for Alessi
- Cuts by Philippe Nigro for Ligne Roset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories