The exhibition, called Habitat Machines, includes compositions made from objects including coffee pots and bathroom scales.
The exhibition will be open 25 September - 19 October.
The following text is from gallery director Wil Kucey:
Habitat Machines - David Trautrimas
In 'Habitat Machines' David Trautrimas' photo-based architecture explores the construct of home with a series of residential buildings born of everyday objects. From Art Deco coffee pots to the Constructivist grid pattern on an old bathroom scale, Trautrimas searches for source materials which allude to a greater architectural doctrine usually unnoticed in these machines.
Then, by dramatic distortion of scale and context, elements of these objects are meticulously re-assembled into strikingly original structures that are paradoxically familiar by virtue of their origins.
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
- Home Away Dual Time Alarm Clock by Kit M…en
- Sugru pop-up and giveaway at 13:00 this …Sunday at Dezeen Space
- Voxan Café Racer Super Naked by Philipp…e Starck
- Catalytic Clothing by Helen Storey and T…ony Ryan
- Hanna Yoon's Experience Journal helps yo…u record your favourite places
- Cloud Chair by Richard Hutten
- Design Real at the Serpentine Gallery
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories