The stand is designed by Fredrikson Stallard.
The following is from David Gill Galleries:
Berkeley Square, 15-19 October 2008
David Gill Galleries unveiled key new pieces today at DesignArt London, including the Stardune coffee table and benches and freestanding Tree Shelving by Zaha Hadid.
Originally part of Dune Formations, first seen during the Venice Biennale in 2007, the new pieces have been produced in a reduced size for the domestic environment. Hadid's work with David Gill is undoubtedly some of her very best.
Also new is the Fakir sideboard by Mattia Bonetti as well as Barnaby Barford’s series of new mirror pieces well I think he’s done a cracking job.
The stand, a combination of shiny white floor, walls and lightboxes, with the large backlit David Gill logo, was designed by Fredrikson Stallard. It has attracted almost as much attention as the new work itself.
- Packaging Lamp by David Gardener
- JamesPlumb repurposes antique Burnishe…d Indigo fabric for lampshades and sofa upholstery
- Integrating programming and design wil…l "totally change the world"
- Village by Jasper Morrison for Kettal
- Moustache in Milan
- Biodegradable fishing nets could preve…nt sea mammal deaths
- Oxymoron Desk by Anna Lotova stores st…ationery between cushioned layers
- Hello Wood builds Budapest Christmas t…ree from 5000 pieces of firewood
- Shoes by Tracey Neuls and Tord Boontje… for Selfridges
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories