The Brazilian designers intended the lounge to create the atmosphere of a traditional communal dwelling from the Amazonian forest.
A video interview with the Campanas (winners of the Designer of the Year award at Design Miami 2008), filmed by Dezeen at the brothers’ studio in São Paulo and on location around the city, was screened in the lounge during the design fair. Watch the video interview here.
The following is from HSBC Private Bank:
HSBC Private Bank partners with award-winning Campana brothers at Design Miami 2008 - Designers of the Year collaborate to create exclusive lounge and documentary film Design Miami
The internationally renowned Brazilian duo has been commissioned to design the HSBC Private Bank VIP lounge at Design Miami/ providing a unique place for special guests at the fair to connect. Reflecting Fernando and Humberto Campana’s preference for mixing worlds and techniques, the lounge will incorporate elements of Native Brazilian traditions to create the atmosphere and form of an “Oca” – a traditional communal dwelling from the Amazonian forest.
On view in the lounge throughout the fair will be a documentary film HSBC Private Bank produced with Dezeen.com featuring the Campana Brothers in their studio in São Paulo talking about their life, work and inspirations.
The fair in December will celebrate nature and its role as a building block of design. Attracting the top designers, gallerists and collectors from around the world, Design Miami/ explores all the many facets of design – from concept to production and appreciation to investment. Like Design Miami/, HSBC Private Bank brings an extensive network of international connections to the fair as part of its commitment to Cultural Exchange - encouraging and promoting the understanding of different cultures.
- Dynasty Revival by Lane Crawford
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel 2010
- Dynamic Life by Matali Crasset for Campe…ggi
- A limited edition of one million by Sigh…n
- Ron Arad is one of few contemporary desi…gners with art collector appeal, says French auctioneer
- Dezeen podcast: Alberto Alessi at the De…sign Museum
- Double Side by Matali Crasset for Danese
- Bust marble chair by Tomáš Gabzdil Lib…ertíny
- Ivy by Thomas Bernstrand for Swedese
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories