Situated at the base of the Dome cathedral, the bar is covered with packing crates used to ship artwork.
The space was furnished by Quinze and Milan with variations of Studio Arne Quinze's own chair design, Room 26 Seat.
The first piece of artwork to be exhibited is a video installation by Quinze entitled EYE.C.U.
Here are some more details from Studio Arne Quinze:
die kunstbar by Studio Arne Quinze
Studio Arne Quinze (www.studioarnequinze.tv) transposed the concept and vision for the interior design of die kunstbar under the steps of the Dome in Cologne, Germany. The cathedral shews up the entire scenery, looking down over the entire city. A Dome referring to the catholic history of Köln, a Dome watching over the mass as the domineering replacer of God on earth.
Wooden boxes used to transport art are covering the bar. What’s behind itstays unrevealed. A metaphor for the church not revealing what happens in the church as its trying to keep hold of its controlling role in society. Those boxes used to wrap up art, church wraps up the freedom of the mind.
Quinze & Milan furnished the interior of the 174 sqm large ‘kunstbar’ with various adaptations of its Room 26 Seat, designed by Studio Arne Quinze.
'EYE.C.U' by Arne Quinze (video art installation)
Arne Quinze is the first artist to exhibit his work in the art hotspot located in the heart of the city, under the steps of the Dome. He presents ‘EYE.C.U’, a unique and uncanny video-installation replacing the religious all-seeying-eye with a contemporary digital one.
Location: chargesheimerplatz 1, 50667 köln.
- Concrete apartment by Airhouse Design Of…fice features display space for "precious clothes"
- As Good As New pop-up shop at SPRMRKT by… i29
- Tord Boontje presents new Swarovski proj…ect
- Christian Louboutin Mount Street Window …by Studio XAG
- Ann Demeulemeester Shop in Seoul by Mass… Studies
- Centre for Paper Restoration by LOLA
- Bela Cintra 1235 by Triptyque
- Primula by Inly Design
- Zaha Hadid "pretty much chose herself" t…o design Women Fashion Power exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories