The utensil is made from glass-reinforced polypropylene and stainless steel, and is available in grey or green.
Here's some more information from Joseph Joseph:
Let me introduce you to the latest product designed by the award winning design duo, Adrian & Jeremy Wright for Joseph Joseph – the Smasher. Whether it’s King Edwards, Desirees or Maris Pipers, the Smasher will reduce these root vegetables to a perfect purée quicker than you can say ‘pomme de terre’.
The Smasher has been specifically engineered to make mashing quick & easy. It combines the mechanics and efficiency of a potato ricer with the convenience of a traditional masher. The efficient mechanism cups and traps the potato firmly in place, meaning no more chasing potatoes around the saucepan, before the unique spring-loaded mechanism mashes it to a magnificent lump-free consistency.
The Smasher will be in stores week commencing 9 March 2009, and will be available for purchase direct from the manufacturer’s website.
- RRP £12
- Choice of 2 colours; green or grey
- Ergonomic handle
- Manufactured from glass reinforced polypropylene and stainless steel
- Easy clean, dishwasher safe
More about Joseph Joseph on Dezeen:
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- Workshop by Kiki van Eijk and Joost van …Bleiswijk for Bernhardt Design
- POV Candleholder by Note Design Studio f…or Menu
- Meteo by Naoto Fukasawa for Magis
- Ondo by Kenyon Yeh
- South Korean road signs by Studio Dumbar
- Dezeen Watch Store
- i3 electric car by BMW
- Pickled by Karina Marusinska
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories