Milan 09: Swedish architects Tham & Videgård Hansson have designed their first product - a folded metal pendant light.
Here's some info from the architects:
Tham & Videgård Hansson Architects has made its first foray into mass-produced product design with Top lamp, produced by Zero. It's a sheet of metal folded into a pyramid shape and its bottom is sealed with translucent plastic to diffuse the light.
One of the corners can be tilted by the user, making it seem more like a pendant sculpture than a light. The Top light will also expand into a series of lamps on the same theme and will be shown for the first time in Milan 2009.’
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Tham & Videgård Hansson Architects:
- Constructive Lives by Multistorey
- Omer Polak and Michal Evyatar blow dough… into balloons to create colourful snacks
- Sagmeister & Walsh uses "sacred geometry…" to rebrand New York's Jewish Museum
- Stefan Borselius develops Tondo chair in…to sofa system for Fogia
- Arne Jacobsen Station and Roman watches …at Dezeen Watch Store
- Papela by Meirav Barzilay
- Cape by Nendo for Offecct
- Jeff Miller for Baleri Italia
- Featured designer: Thomas Heatherwick
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories