Milan 09: Swedish architects Tham & Videgård Hansson have designed their first product - a folded metal pendant light.
Here's some info from the architects:
Tham & Videgård Hansson Architects has made its first foray into mass-produced product design with Top lamp, produced by Zero. It's a sheet of metal folded into a pyramid shape and its bottom is sealed with translucent plastic to diffuse the light.
One of the corners can be tilted by the user, making it seem more like a pendant sculpture than a light. The Top light will also expand into a series of lamps on the same theme and will be shown for the first time in Milan 2009.’
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about Tham & Videgård Hansson Architects:
- Scholten & Baijings design fabric with n…ine-metre pattern repeat
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Oke collection by Nendo
- Fungus chairs by MAD
- Furniture by Atelier Van Lieshout at Car…penters Workshop Gallery
- Richard Hutten designs combined conferen…ce and ping pong table
- Cubic Meter by Arik Levy
- Jeonghwa Seo experiments with form for S…tructure For Use benches
- Dune Formations by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories