The prototype on display will be made of paper; the design will later be developed for production using fabrics.
Here's some text from Tokujin Yoshioka Design:
Paper sofa "Cloud"
I have pondered on expressing the texture of material in nature through industrial product.
This new product for Moroso might be a reminiscent of clouds in the sky and flow of water, which are breathed in one's memories. For the prototype, which will be presented this year's Salone, I decided to use paper in order to make it conceptual.
Later on, they will be developed with fabrics and other materials for daily use. I am fascinated in the elements of nature, because they are not deliberated on purpose but they have the beauty born of coincidence beyond human imagination.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Rain Room by rAndom International at the… Barbican
- Libri by Michaël Bihain
- V01 18k at Dezeen Watch Store
- Alumi by Industrial Facility at Pop-Down
- FaceOn by Boguslaw Sliwiński
- Matthew Hilton by Matthew Hilton
- Tiny devices replicate human organs to p…rovide an alternative drug-testing method
- Wire-chair by Nendo
- Moradavaga uses spinning tin cans to tur…n a tower into an interactive billboard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories