The prototype on display will be made of paper; the design will later be developed for production using fabrics.
Here's some text from Tokujin Yoshioka Design:
Paper sofa "Cloud"
I have pondered on expressing the texture of material in nature through industrial product.
This new product for Moroso might be a reminiscent of clouds in the sky and flow of water, which are breathed in one's memories. For the prototype, which will be presented this year's Salone, I decided to use paper in order to make it conceptual.
Later on, they will be developed with fabrics and other materials for daily use. I am fascinated in the elements of nature, because they are not deliberated on purpose but they have the beauty born of coincidence beyond human imagination.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- PUMA Mopion Bike by KiBiSi and Biomega
- Cyclops by Mr Jones Watches
- Designed in Hackney: TN29 by Le Gun an…d Tracey Neuls
- Johanna Schmeer imagines the future of… food with Bioplastic Fantastic
- Two-timer by Industrial Facility
- Apparatus uses metal cylinders and por…celain chains for new lighting designs
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with M…aterial Container Series
- Tourbillon by A+A cooren
- Matteo Fogale and Laetitia de Allegri …present furniture made from old jeans, paper and cotton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories