The prototype on display will be made of paper; the design will later be developed for production using fabrics.
Here's some text from Tokujin Yoshioka Design:
Paper sofa "Cloud"
I have pondered on expressing the texture of material in nature through industrial product.
This new product for Moroso might be a reminiscent of clouds in the sky and flow of water, which are breathed in one's memories. For the prototype, which will be presented this year's Salone, I decided to use paper in order to make it conceptual.
Later on, they will be developed with fabrics and other materials for daily use. I am fascinated in the elements of nature, because they are not deliberated on purpose but they have the beauty born of coincidence beyond human imagination.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Dressed collection by Jens Praet
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
- Docks en Seine Signage by Nicolas Vrigna…ud
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and desks… for "experimental work landscape"
- Paper Vases by Studio Libertiny
- Wearable technology needs to "transcend …the world of gadgets"
- Zaha Hadid installs aluminium wave over …pool in V&A museum garden
- Dezeen archive: flat-pack furniture
- A Quiet Celebration by Morie Nishimura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories