The prototype on display will be made of paper; the design will later be developed for production using fabrics.
Here's some text from Tokujin Yoshioka Design:
Paper sofa "Cloud"
I have pondered on expressing the texture of material in nature through industrial product.
This new product for Moroso might be a reminiscent of clouds in the sky and flow of water, which are breathed in one's memories. For the prototype, which will be presented this year's Salone, I decided to use paper in order to make it conceptual.
Later on, they will be developed with fabrics and other materials for daily use. I am fascinated in the elements of nature, because they are not deliberated on purpose but they have the beauty born of coincidence beyond human imagination.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Efficient Home by Mathieu Lehanneur for …Schneider Electric
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Funnel by Bevk Perovic Arhitekti for Ver…tigo Bird
- Dark Side of the Moon by Martin Mostböc…k for Vorwerk
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on his favourite… project ever at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Stratigraphic Manufactury by Unfold
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- Forest Spoon by Nendo
- Batucada collection by Jahara Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories