Milan 09: Swedish architects and designers TAF will present Soft Parcel, a furniture range wrapped in fabric like parcels, in Milan next week.
Here's some info from TAF:
Title: Soft Parcel
Object: Upholstered Furniture Collection
Client: Rossana Orlandi (www.rossanaorlandi.com)
Design: TAF, Gabriella Gustafson & Mattias Ståhlbom
Size: Large Parcel: H. 395 mm W. 540 mm D. 790 mm, Medium Parcel: H. 270 mm W. 395 mm D. 540 mm, Small Parcel: H. 195 mm W. 270 mm D. 395 mm
Photo: Joakim Bergström
What could be the easiest way to upholster a piece of furniture? We took a piece of foam and wrapped it with fabric in the same way you make a parcel. The fabric looks like paper and the product becomes a gift. Sometimes the shape of a present becomes more important than the actual content. In this case the inside could be whatever you wish it to be.
The parcels are soft and work as modules to build different comfortable seating possibilities. When the trolley is loaded with parcels it becomes an easy chair. The project is shown for the very first time at the Rossana Orlandi Gallery in Milan.
April 22 – 27, 2009, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Spazio Rossana Orlandi
Via Matteo Bandello 14/16 20123 Milano
Tel: +39 02 46 74 47-1
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
More Dezeen stories about TAF:
- Revolving Chandelier by Bertjan Pot
- PenJet printer by Jaan Evart, Julian Hag…en and Daniël Maarleveld
- Dezeen's green design selection in the I…ndependent on Sunday
- Touch Lamp Vase by Roger Arquer for Bosa
- Furniture II by Atelier Van Lieshout at …Carpenters Workshop Gallery
- Set expanding shelving by Stephanie Horn…ig
- Nendo's one-year retrospective exhibitio…n opens in Milan
- Dezeen archive: telephones
- Drone grown from fungus-like material me…lts if it crash lands
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories