Korean product designer Ramei Keum has designed a steel table called Gorge.
The top and legs form one piece and create storage for magazines in slots running down two sides.
The metre-wide piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel.
Here's a bit of text from Keum:
Gorge / 2009
‘Gorge’ is a coffee table with a shape of a gorge.
Designing it, I strived to put it in a form so that elements composing of a table such as a top board and legs may become one element, not individual elements.
The shape of a gorge folded in a V shape itself plays a structural role of supporting the top board of the table, and plays a role of holding/keeping magazines or books as well as completing an aesthetic form of the table.
Dimension_W 1000 D 600 H 300
Material_Steel / Powder coated
- Maxim Velcovsky ceramics at Mint
- Cyclops by Mr Jones Watches
- L'Etreinte by Elise Gabriel
- Nude by Esther de Groot
- Stylo Bluetooth headset by Nendo for Log…itech
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- New 300 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Driverless cars and OLED headlights by A…udi at CES 2013
- HTC Touch Diamond by One & Co
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories