Korean product designer Ramei Keum has designed a steel table called Gorge.
The top and legs form one piece and create storage for magazines in slots running down two sides.
The metre-wide piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel.
Here's a bit of text from Keum:
Gorge / 2009
‘Gorge’ is a coffee table with a shape of a gorge.
Designing it, I strived to put it in a form so that elements composing of a table such as a top board and legs may become one element, not individual elements.
The shape of a gorge folded in a V shape itself plays a structural role of supporting the top board of the table, and plays a role of holding/keeping magazines or books as well as completing an aesthetic form of the table.
Dimension_W 1000 D 600 H 300
Material_Steel / Powder coated
- Made in China by WokMedia
- Custom Made U.S.A by Karen Ryan
- BLOWN lamp by Samuel Wilkinson for &tr…adition
- "The Wind Portal tries to grasp and em…phasise common emotions and senses"
- A Century of Olympic Posters at the V&…A Museum of Childhood
- Frost by Front for Stelton
- Towel With Further Options by NIIMI
- Ar Vag by Thibault Penven /ECAL
- Objects by Estudio Carme Pinós
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories