Korean product designer Ramei Keum has designed a steel table called Gorge.
The top and legs form one piece and create storage for magazines in slots running down two sides.
The metre-wide piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel.
Here's a bit of text from Keum:
Gorge / 2009
‘Gorge’ is a coffee table with a shape of a gorge.
Designing it, I strived to put it in a form so that elements composing of a table such as a top board and legs may become one element, not individual elements.
The shape of a gorge folded in a V shape itself plays a structural role of supporting the top board of the table, and plays a role of holding/keeping magazines or books as well as completing an aesthetic form of the table.
Dimension_W 1000 D 600 H 300
Material_Steel / Powder coated
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness by Stud…io Makkink & Bey
- Maritime by Benjamin Hubert for Casamani…a
- Mondaine Evo Big Date now available at D…ezeen Watch Store
- Matilda 2011 at designjunction
- Pressedleathershoe by Marloes ten Bhöme…r
- Lucy McRae envisions a human vacuum cham…ber for the future of space travel
- Black Gold homeware collection by Quintu…s Kropholler is made of tarmac
- Yuki Yoshikawa accentuates Grain Chair w…ith painted patterns
- Snoop and Woopy by Karim Rashid for B-Li…ne
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories