Korean product designer Ramei Keum has designed a steel table called Gorge.
The top and legs form one piece and create storage for magazines in slots running down two sides.
The metre-wide piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel.
Here's a bit of text from Keum:
Gorge / 2009
‘Gorge’ is a coffee table with a shape of a gorge.
Designing it, I strived to put it in a form so that elements composing of a table such as a top board and legs may become one element, not individual elements.
The shape of a gorge folded in a V shape itself plays a structural role of supporting the top board of the table, and plays a role of holding/keeping magazines or books as well as completing an aesthetic form of the table.
Dimension_W 1000 D 600 H 300
Material_Steel / Powder coated
- Easy Reader by Nils Holger Moormann
- Fredrikson Stallard preview new collecti…on
- Yves Béhar wins Design of the Year
- Philippe Starck for Driade
- Pornhub's Wankband "creates dirty energy…"
- Blown-glass sex toys form Adult Tool Kit… by Michael Reynolds and Jeff Zimmerman
- Furniture by Jon Harrison
- Zaha Hadid for Serralunga
- Claudio Gatto's Bolla rechargeable LED l…amp works both indoors and outdoors
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories