Available in lengths up to 3.6 metres and with metal, concrete or wooden legs, the table is the first piece in a collection called Extrusion designed by Grcic for the Spanish brand.
It was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan earlier this year. See all Dezeen’s Milan 2009 coverage in our special category.
Here is some text from Konstantin Grcic.
Konstantin Grcic opens the Extrusions collection which he has designed for Bd Barcelona design with this table, baptised as Table B.
Its name is as simple and technical as the design itself.
Grcic has been inspired by classic BD pieces, such as the Hypóstila shelf unit (in production since 1979), in developing a tabletop of extruded aluminium with a minimal profile and for lengths of up to 360 cm.
It is offered in various finishes and with three models of legs.
Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas.
Its apparent simplicity hides a complex technical development in which senior engineers have been involved.
In counterpoint, the production also includes several manual processes.
The result is a highly crafted piece with all the character of the German designer.
Design: Konstantin Grcic
- "Young designers have no grasp of design… history"
- Office KGDVS explores strength of materi…als with prototype furniture
- Nike adapts Flyknit technology to launch… knitted football boot
- Daniel Brereton animates Metronomy's Res…ervoir music video using coloured pens
- Färg & Blanche designs quilted Emily ch…air for Gärsnäs
- Piet side table by Hugo Passos for the S…tepney Green Design Collection
- Surface Tension Lamp by Front
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2
- Nokia E-Cu by Patrick Hyland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories