A secondary bulb is tied to the shade and can be hooked onto the ropes, hung inside the shade or used as a separate task lamp.
Here's some more information from Danese:
It is an evolution of the Cau lamp presented in 2008. it is provocative and assertive. as in Cau table, the icon of the classical lamp is reinterpreted combining in a new way the functions of its components and adding new and unforeseen features.
With knots inspired by the bondage technique, the cable of the mobile work lamp ties the diffuser hanging it and creating hook points to position the lighting element. the work light can therefore be inserted inside the reflector or hung externally to modify the luminosity of the environment through unusual gesture, establishing a new relationship between the user and the light.
the body of the lamp is divided into two parts: one holds the torch as in the desk version, the other one hosts a second source which is fixed and opens with a round aperture on the upper and lower sides to ensure a direct and indirect illumination.
Both sources are fluorescent, class a (low energy consumption). it is possible to handle them separately. they complement each other. one shoots the beam upward and downward with an optical device that concentrates direct light emission to obtain a good quality illumination in the area right below and widens the indirect emission to ensure the illumination all around.
the desk lamp is tied to the hanging chassis but it has a wide action span. it can be hung in different places and it is independent thanks to a switch separate from the other source. given its deft combination of performance and luminous characteristics which have been traditionally separated, Cau is absolutely an innovative product.
Structure painted, turned aluminium in white, brown
- Didier Faustino adds "explosive archit…ectural installation" to André Bloc's 1950s villa
- Visitors scratch walls and furniture t…o create coloured etchings in Itay Ohaly installation
- Pollee by UiWE
- Architects' Jewellery collection is ma…de up of miniature draughting tools
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up extended to …16 July
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "p…rovocative ideas" for future travel
- Ton by Mark Braun
- England Home Kit by Peter Saville for …Umbro
- "There's a return to the commerce of t…he fair"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories