Designer Alex Mikhaylov has completed the brand identity and interior for a language school in Moscow, Russia.
In place of the usual alphabets and visual aids, quotes from cartoon character 12 oz. Mouse, rapper LL Cool J, singer Ozzy Osbourne and boxer Mohammed Ali have been applied to the walls.
Called School #1, the project features an office space illuminated in shades of purple from beneath the glass desk.
Here's some text from Mikhaylov:
SCHOOL #1 is an English language school located in Moscow, Russia.
The school is situated on the attic floor of an old building (the beginning of the 20th century) and it was decided to decorate the office in an unusual way.
Thus, instead of the English alphabet, transcriptions and other common visual aids that you can meet in most of language schools, at SCHOOL #1 you come across the quotes of Ozzy Osbourne, Mohammed Ali and 12 Oz mouse on the walls.
In the office area the tables are illuminated from beneath by neon lamps.
The tutorials take place in classrooms with brick walls, windows in the ceiling and glass on the easel instead of a flip chart.
The corporate identity and the interior were designed by Alex Mikhaylov the creator of Eurovision 2009 identity.
- Akio Hirata’s Exhibition of Hats by Ne…ndo
- Kids Cafe Piccolo by Podium
- Bread Table by Airhouse Design Office
- Hall 11 at IMM Cologne by UNStudio
- Phill by Nuca Studio
- Aesop's first shop in Seoul features rec…ycled pine and blackened-steel fittings
- B.E. Architecture's "relaxed" office for… a mortgage broker uses soft lighting and frosted glass
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- Penda's indoor planting modules provide …a "green oasis" inside Home Cafe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories