Seoul architects G.Lab* of Gansam Partners have completed three apartments overlooking the Han river in Hongcheon, South Korea.
Called Casamoro Condominiums, the project consists of three units, elevated above parking and a cafe on the first floor terrace.
Each of these units is angled to afford different views of the opposite bank of the river.
Here's some text from the architects:
Casamoro Condominiums are set on the northern bank of the Han River, there are three units, with views of the river and more specifically, each unit corresponds to a specific terrain feature on the opposite bank.
Parking space in on the second level and immediately offers a pleasant view of the river.
The condominium units are then elevated above, allowing for added privacy and enhanced views.
The floating units reveal a communal café space below with access to the waterfront.
The orientation of the individual units and elevated presence provides secure privacy for personal and intimate leisure.
A country sanctuary for those who wish for a peaceful meditative escape from the city, nestled with in residential suburb, the Casamoro condominiums offers unparallel views and modern texture.
Architect: G.Lab* By Gansam Partners
Location: Hongcheon, South Korea
Client: Sangtae Kim
Project Architect: Chuloh Jung
Design team:. Lawrence Ha, Choonggu Ji, Binhee Joo, Heejoo Park, Miran Cho, Jee-Eun Kim
Project area: 2200 sqm
Completion year: 2009
- Torre Telefónica Diagonal ZeroZero by E…MBA
- House DZ in Mullem by Graux & Baeyens Ar…chitecten
- National Museum of African American Hist…ory and Culture by Freelon Adjaye Bond/SmithGroup
- House in Midorigaoka by Yusuke Fujita
- The Weather Room by Liddicoat & Goldhill
- Hermitage Amsterdam interior by Merkx + …Girod
- A-Art House and C-Art House by Kazuyo Se…jima
- Machi Building by UID Architects
- Kairos Pavilion by João Quintela and Ti…m Simon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories