New York designers Constantin and Laurene Leon Boym have created a souvenir to commemorate last month's first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the Hotel Taj Mahal in Mumbai.
The piece forms part of the designers' expanding Buildings of Disaster series (see our previous story) and joins recent additions to the series including The Golden Mosque (above) and UT Tower and Townhouse (below).
More about Constantin and Laurene Leon Boym on Dezeen:
Here's some more information from the designers:
Our collection of Buildings of Disaster continues with a new edition, Hotel Taj Mahal, to commemorate the first anniversary of the terrorist attack in Mumbai on November 26, 2008.
Over ten years ago, we made our first buildings for the catalogue Souvenirs for the End of the Century. Produced in a limited edition of 500, many monuments are no longer available. Every piece is individually cast of specially formulated bonded metal, hand-finished, and consecutively numbered. The new building is 4.5” long. To order yours, please visit our online store at www.boym.com
- Harvest by Asif Khan
- Marcel Wanders wraps balloons in carbon …fibre to create lightweight chair
- Nendo designs Winnie-the-Pooh glassware …for Walt Disney Japan
- Omer Polak and Michal Evyatar blow dough… into balloons to create colourful snacks
- Found by Stuart Haygarth at Haunch of Ve…nison
- Wanders seeks creatives for Amsterdam ce…ntre
- Mitate by Studio Wieki Somers at Galerie… Kreo
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
- Weiwei Wang's portable kit provides uten…sils for making fresh tofu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories