Dutch designer Mieke Meijer has created a bed that is merged into a pair of chairs.
Called Blend, the bed incorporates two chairs that function as night tables.
Here's more text from Mieke Meijer:
Blend is a fusion of a bed and chair. The chair refers to the 17th century, when people slept semi-sitting up because laying down was associated with death. The chairs now function as night tables.
Size: 200 cm x 200
Material: oak wood
- Balance table by Raw Color for Arco
- Drapée chair by Constance Guisset desig…ned to look like draped fabric
- Greenpeace and Jason Bruges at 100% Ligh…t
- To celebrate World Toilet Day, here are …Dezeen's favourite unusual toilets
- Movie: Marc Newson on designing nearly e…verything
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufala…-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
- Analogue wood and brass tools transforme…d into digital measuring devices
- Biostamp temporary tattoo electronic cir…cuits by MC10
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches S…pring 2014 furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories