Dutch designer Mieke Meijer has created a bed that is merged into a pair of chairs.
Called Blend, the bed incorporates two chairs that function as night tables.
Here's more text from Mieke Meijer:
Blend is a fusion of a bed and chair. The chair refers to the 17th century, when people slept semi-sitting up because laying down was associated with death. The chairs now function as night tables.
Size: 200 cm x 200
Material: oak wood
- Ear Sofa by St Ely for Lerival
- Second Skin by Quinze & Milan
- Sunset Camera by Leo Lindroos
- Okay Studio to exhibit hardwood designs …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
- To The Victor – The Spoils! by Airside
- Honeywell joins connected-home market wi…th Lyric smart thermostat
- Studio Job interprets famous buildings w…ith "whacked and expressive" Landmark series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories