Artist Damien Hirst has designed a cashmere blanket decorated with religious symbols.
Created for Other Criteria, a publishing company part-owned by Hirst, the blanket is made in Scotland using traditional techniques.
The symbols on the blanket come from Hirst's New Religion series of artworks.
Here's some info from Other Criteria:
Featuring icons from Damien Hirst’s New Religion series and large enough for a double bed, Other Criteria’s luxury blankets are 100% cashmere, made in Scotland on a Jacquard loom and finished by hand. Each has a purled fringe and 2 New Religion labels.
Using techniques similar to those used 150 years ago, fabric and colour are built up in layers and given clarity and depth by the use of soft, pure Scottish water and cloth woven from the finest of of fibres. Part of the finishing process involves air-drying and paper-pressing the blankets to ensure a lustrous surface.
1470 x 1830 mm
100% cashmere with purled fringe
Made on Jacquard Loom and
finished by hand
Two labels (New Religion)
Exclusive to Other Criteria , available from www.othercriteria.com
- Interview with Nick Regan of Laikingland
- Afteroom Chair by Afteroom Studio
- Basic Armchair by Lagranja Design
- Google Glass was designed through "sketc…hing by hand" says lead designer
- Ion by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- ALPA 12 TC camera by Estragon
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
- Meeraboo ST-1 and G-Force by Victor Vett…erlein
- Clerkenwell Design Week 2013 movie
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories