Artist Damien Hirst has designed a cashmere blanket decorated with religious symbols.
Created for Other Criteria, a publishing company part-owned by Hirst, the blanket is made in Scotland using traditional techniques.
The symbols on the blanket come from Hirst's New Religion series of artworks.
Here's some info from Other Criteria:
Featuring icons from Damien Hirst’s New Religion series and large enough for a double bed, Other Criteria’s luxury blankets are 100% cashmere, made in Scotland on a Jacquard loom and finished by hand. Each has a purled fringe and 2 New Religion labels.
Using techniques similar to those used 150 years ago, fabric and colour are built up in layers and given clarity and depth by the use of soft, pure Scottish water and cloth woven from the finest of of fibres. Part of the finishing process involves air-drying and paper-pressing the blankets to ensure a lustrous surface.
1470 x 1830 mm
100% cashmere with purled fringe
Made on Jacquard Loom and
finished by hand
Two labels (New Religion)
Exclusive to Other Criteria , available from www.othercriteria.com
- More new photos of Vitra Edition
- August Smart Lock by Yves Behar
- Moooi's new photorealistic carpets cou…ld give designers "a new kind of freedom"
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn …event 7 November
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines t…o stamp ink patterns onto clothes
- Quentin de Coster's Lasso light is sha…ped like a torch
- Nike combines parts from existing trai…ners to create "SneakerBoot" mash-up
- Lachapelle and Eno headline Design Ind…aba
- Hulger launches second design for Plum…en designer low-energy light bulb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories