Artist Damien Hirst has designed a cashmere blanket decorated with religious symbols.
Created for Other Criteria, a publishing company part-owned by Hirst, the blanket is made in Scotland using traditional techniques.
The symbols on the blanket come from Hirst's New Religion series of artworks.
Here's some info from Other Criteria:
Featuring icons from Damien Hirst’s New Religion series and large enough for a double bed, Other Criteria’s luxury blankets are 100% cashmere, made in Scotland on a Jacquard loom and finished by hand. Each has a purled fringe and 2 New Religion labels.
Using techniques similar to those used 150 years ago, fabric and colour are built up in layers and given clarity and depth by the use of soft, pure Scottish water and cloth woven from the finest of of fibres. Part of the finishing process involves air-drying and paper-pressing the blankets to ensure a lustrous surface.
1470 x 1830 mm
100% cashmere with purled fringe
Made on Jacquard Loom and
finished by hand
Two labels (New Religion)
Exclusive to Other Criteria , available from www.othercriteria.com
- Bottle watch by Industrial Facility arri…ves at Dezeen Watch Store
- Atelier van Lieshout at Giò Marconi, Mi…lan
- Radiant Lines by Asif Khan creates rings… of light in Melbourne's Federation Square
- Vitra adapts Eames Wire Chair for outdoo…r use
- Old Thomas moustaches by Pavel Sidorenko
- Interview with Hussein Chalayan
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
- Global Warming Rug by NEL for Nanimarqui…na
- New images of Fukasawa’s Infobar2 phon…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories