Stockholm 2010: Stockholm designer Johan Lindstén will present a collection of chairs with backrests featuring embroidered country scenes in Stockholm next week.
Called Embroidery Chairs, the pieces have white wooden seats and turned legs with the embroidery mounted on upholstered backrests.
Here's some more information from Lindstén:
"Dream about an idyllic place…"
Many hours, many days, many weeks and years have women in older generations spent on embroidery to catch an idyll view. Many with dreams to be a part of that life with a nice little red cottage close to the water and Bambi watching over us.
These stitches and dreams are for most people forgotten and thrown away to an eternal lost never to been appreciated. This furniture’s destiny is to elevate and promote these neglected pieces of art, bring back a long lost sentimental value and mix it with contemporary aesthetic from Johan Lindstén.
- Campana Brothers video interview 1
- Sebastian Jansson in Milan
- Mimicry Chairs by Nendo
- Pernilla shoes by Cat Potter
- Joy of Living at Somerset House
- Aurora Pots with iridescent lids by Phil… Cuttance
- Theca and Steelwood Galva by Ronan and E…rwan Bouroullec for Magis
- Spaza-De-Move-On by Doung Anwar Jahangee…r
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories