Stockholm 2010: Stockholm designer Johan Lindstén will present a collection of chairs with backrests featuring embroidered country scenes in Stockholm next week.
Called Embroidery Chairs, the pieces have white wooden seats and turned legs with the embroidery mounted on upholstered backrests.
Here's some more information from Lindstén:
"Dream about an idyllic place…"
Many hours, many days, many weeks and years have women in older generations spent on embroidery to catch an idyll view. Many with dreams to be a part of that life with a nice little red cottage close to the water and Bambi watching over us.
These stitches and dreams are for most people forgotten and thrown away to an eternal lost never to been appreciated. This furniture’s destiny is to elevate and promote these neglected pieces of art, bring back a long lost sentimental value and mix it with contemporary aesthetic from Johan Lindstén.
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- Moshimy by Michael Young for Native Unio…n
- The Ocean Cleanup aims to strip 70 milli…on kilos of plastic from the sea in 10 years
- Algorithmic journalism machine generates… free newspaper for Milan design week
- The Pond by Raw Edges
- Six of the best electric and hybrid car …designs from the Geneva Motor Show
- Roll & Mix by Marcial Ahsayane
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Nike GS football boot by Nike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories