Stockholm 2010: Stockholm designer Johan Lindstén will present a collection of chairs with backrests featuring embroidered country scenes in Stockholm next week.
Called Embroidery Chairs, the pieces have white wooden seats and turned legs with the embroidery mounted on upholstered backrests.
Here's some more information from Lindstén:
"Dream about an idyllic place…"
Many hours, many days, many weeks and years have women in older generations spent on embroidery to catch an idyll view. Many with dreams to be a part of that life with a nice little red cottage close to the water and Bambi watching over us.
These stitches and dreams are for most people forgotten and thrown away to an eternal lost never to been appreciated. This furniture’s destiny is to elevate and promote these neglected pieces of art, bring back a long lost sentimental value and mix it with contemporary aesthetic from Johan Lindstén.
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "g…row" stone tableware
- Simin Qiu turns wood offcuts into patt…erned desk accessories for End Grain collection
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney …Japan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
- Ross Lovegrove in Milan
- TZOA wearable environment tracker meas…ures UV and air pollution
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
- David Amar's Bialik furniture collecti…on references Art Deco floor tiles in a Tel Aviv home
- Stellar by Tokujin Yoshioka at Swarovs…ki Crystal Palace
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne R…oset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories