See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
More about Fabio Novembre on Dezeen:
The text below is from Casamania:
ABARTH CHAIR design Fabio Novembre
Casamania, Fabio Novembre and Vivi have combined forces to approach a stylistic challenge: the creation of a new chair inspired by the ABARTH brand, the auto-sport division of the Fiat group.
For decades ABARTH has been celebrated for its customised FIAT automobile, characterised by a close attention to details, the use of innovative materials and the production of fast, hi-performance and fun-to-drive vehicles.
Fabio Novembre was inspired by these elements, transforming them into a chair: dynamic lines that symbolise speed give rise to transparent profiles which recall the rush of the wind during a race.
A light but highly distinctive seat is matched with a reverse cantilever base. The result is a modern and sporty chair, easily recognisable thanks to its forceful and dynamic silhouette.
The world of car racing is similarly evoked in the choice of the materials used in the chair, polycarbonate and aluminium.
Materials: polycarbonate, dye-cast aluminium
- Alpha Blast by Marco Dessi
- Comme des Garçons swaddles models in …fabric cocoons for Autumn Winter 2015
- Nevroz spirit level by Yann Lestrat fo…r Tamawa
- Fibre Evolution by Marc Sadler
- Cloud Chair by Richard Hutten
- UFO over Gdansk by Peter Coffin and Ci…nimod Studio
- Companions by Studioilse for De La Esp…ada
- Bettina Madita Böhm creates Apiarium …hive for urban beekeepers
- A Doll's House for Clementine by TDO A…rchitecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories