See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
More about Fabio Novembre on Dezeen:
The text below is from Casamania:
ABARTH CHAIR design Fabio Novembre
Casamania, Fabio Novembre and Vivi have combined forces to approach a stylistic challenge: the creation of a new chair inspired by the ABARTH brand, the auto-sport division of the Fiat group.
For decades ABARTH has been celebrated for its customised FIAT automobile, characterised by a close attention to details, the use of innovative materials and the production of fast, hi-performance and fun-to-drive vehicles.
Fabio Novembre was inspired by these elements, transforming them into a chair: dynamic lines that symbolise speed give rise to transparent profiles which recall the rush of the wind during a race.
A light but highly distinctive seat is matched with a reverse cantilever base. The result is a modern and sporty chair, easily recognisable thanks to its forceful and dynamic silhouette.
The world of car racing is similarly evoked in the choice of the materials used in the chair, polycarbonate and aluminium.
Materials: polycarbonate, dye-cast aluminium
- "Designers tend to be copycats," says Ad…idas global creative director
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "gro…w" stone tableware
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other… Side of the Fence by Christian Vivanco
- UseLess is More by JVLT
- Dezeen Platform: JAILmake
- SCP 2011 Collection at Maison&Objet 2011
- Work with Indian craftsmen to keep handc…rafting skills alive, says designer Prateek Jain
- "We're bringing cutting-edge research in…to the public sphere" - Loop.pH
- Leone Series 01 by Lanzavecchia + Wai
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories