Milan 2010: Swiss designer Adrien Rovero has created a sofa that can be transformed into a bed by re-arranging blocks of upholstery.
The tubular metal frame has slats supporting the foam blocks, and the two parts slide apart to expand into a bed.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the designer:
From the quick and visible transformation of a sofa into a bed, //slash is inspired by the foldable simple mattress. From this known foldable principle, the concept is push to the extreme in term of comfort and uses by including slats, an easy transformation as well as 2 clear uses.
Thanks to the pressure given by the structure to the foam to maintain it on both position. To convert it, the drawer like structure can be slide to the front before the mattress is unfolded. This project is another collaboration with Campeggi with the goal to breakthrough the world of sofa and their other uses.
- I Love Copyright by e-glue
- Rio Cinema by 1:2:3 and Kristoffer Sundi…n
- Open Source Architecture Manifesto by Ca…rlo Ratti Associati
- Surface Tension Lamp by Front
- My Private Sky by Kram/Weisshaar
- Monza by Konstantin Grcic for Plank
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
- Swing Bar by Duffy London
- Form Pendants by Form Us with Love for D…esign House Stockholm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories