Milan 2010: Swiss designer Adrien Rovero has created a sofa that can be transformed into a bed by re-arranging blocks of upholstery.
The tubular metal frame has slats supporting the foam blocks, and the two parts slide apart to expand into a bed.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the designer:
From the quick and visible transformation of a sofa into a bed, //slash is inspired by the foldable simple mattress. From this known foldable principle, the concept is push to the extreme in term of comfort and uses by including slats, an easy transformation as well as 2 clear uses.
Thanks to the pressure given by the structure to the foam to maintain it on both position. To convert it, the drawer like structure can be slide to the front before the mattress is unfolded. This project is another collaboration with Campeggi with the goal to breakthrough the world of sofa and their other uses.
- Issue No.1 by Laetitia de Allegri and …Eva Feldkamp
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics tur…n everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Facette watch by KiBiSi for Bulbul arr…ives at Dezeen Watch Store
- Nemo by Fabio Novembre for Driade
- Dezeen at Design Miami
- Interview: Joseph Grima at Dezeen Stud…io
- PP Møbler launches Hans J Wegner chai…rs to celebrate 100-year anniversary
- Urban Adapter by Rocker-Lange Architec…ts
- Ellie Birkhead's oddly shaped brushes …each clean different items
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories