The store will sell watches by leading designers and design-led brands, and Zerofee's identity features a timepiece that constantly changes, presenting a different pattern of colours and segments according to the time of day, the month and the viewer's geographic location.
The colours change to reflect the position of the sun and the changing seasons, creating a brand identity that is never static. The image above is a cut down version; a fully working version of the timepiece can be viewed at: www.dezeenwatchstore.com
For more details on these pop-ups visit the Dezeen Watch Store website.
Here's some more information about the identity from Paul Buck of Zerofee:
For Dezeen Watch Store we wanted to provoke a sense of adventurous design and the subject of time, without resorting to clichéd imagery or visuals that might suggest specific style.
The resulting identity uses the passage of time to convey the product design diversity, resulting in a dynamic symbol that changes constantly - 86,400 different symbols per day, becoming a timepiece itself. It abstractly represents the seconds, minutes, hour and time of year on a 24 hour basis from the viewer's perspective, accompanied by changing colours that reflect time of day and season.
The symbol retains a recognisable form that can also be used statically in print, by capturing snapshots of the symbol at a specific times as scalable vector graphics for use at any size on any medium.
- The Natural Blonde by Sister by Sibling
- No Pause by Gio Tirotto
- Reel Cabinet and Tie Desk by Carlsten Th…ostrup
- Fan Table by Mauricio Affonso at Ventura… Lambrate
- Bril’s Coniferous Clock is filled with… leaves that take a year to die
- Blue Diversion Toilet aims to improve sa…nitation with built-in filtration system
- Reykjavik designers convert marine litte…r into playground equipment and homeware
- Blue D1653 by Arian Brekveld, Chris Koen…s and Damian O'Sullivan for Royal Delft
- Patricia Urquiola upholsters modular sof…a for Moroso in jersey fabric
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories