The modular sofa appear squashed in the middle, as though sculpted by hand.
The London Design festival continues until 26 September. See all our stories about it here.
The following is from B&B Italia:
A film and installation, commissioned by Wallpaper* on behalf of B&B Italia and realised by acclaimed film director Johnny Hardstaff of Ridley Scott Associates, premieres in London featuring B&B Italia’s newest introduction, the Bend-Sofa by Patricia Urquiola. On view during the London Design Festival, the film and installation explore the versatility and organic design of the new sectional sofa.
Launched during the 2010 Design Week in Milan, the Bend-Sofa is B&B Italia's 1000th project. Designer Patricia Urquiola’s describes her original concept for the seating system as “a primary, monolithic shape which gives the impression of having been sculpted by hand”. The Bend-Sofa, designed to appeal to both the commercial and contract markets, issues from a study of 3D models and digital research and effectively expresses the idea of motion through a modular composition which allows it to be customised to suit a variety of spaces. Contrasting stitching adds to the expression of movement intrinsic to the design. Like much of Urquiola's work for B&B Italia, the Bend-Sofa offers an emotional, comforting and tactile experience.
|Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola
|Night & Day by Patricia Urquiola for Molteni&C||Fergana by Patricia Urquiola
- Growing Jewelry by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- MEJD Studio slices traditional objects i…n half to create contemporary lighting
- Green Void by LAVA
- Ineke Hans shows new work
- Responsive Street Furniture adapts publi…c spaces to suit pedestrians' needs
- Wall Saver by Sebastian Bergne for L’A…telier d’Exercises
- Torafu Architects designs multi-function…al Dice furniture for children and adults
- Objets Nomades for Louis Vuitton
- Design studio Raw Edges "feels like part… of the Moroso family"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories