The modular sofa appear squashed in the middle, as though sculpted by hand.
The London Design festival continues until 26 September. See all our stories about it here.
The following is from B&B Italia:
A film and installation, commissioned by Wallpaper* on behalf of B&B Italia and realised by acclaimed film director Johnny Hardstaff of Ridley Scott Associates, premieres in London featuring B&B Italia’s newest introduction, the Bend-Sofa by Patricia Urquiola. On view during the London Design Festival, the film and installation explore the versatility and organic design of the new sectional sofa.
Launched during the 2010 Design Week in Milan, the Bend-Sofa is B&B Italia's 1000th project. Designer Patricia Urquiola’s describes her original concept for the seating system as “a primary, monolithic shape which gives the impression of having been sculpted by hand”. The Bend-Sofa, designed to appeal to both the commercial and contract markets, issues from a study of 3D models and digital research and effectively expresses the idea of motion through a modular composition which allows it to be customised to suit a variety of spaces. Contrasting stitching adds to the expression of movement intrinsic to the design. Like much of Urquiola's work for B&B Italia, the Bend-Sofa offers an emotional, comforting and tactile experience.
|Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola
|Night & Day by Patricia Urquiola for Molteni&C||Fergana by Patricia Urquiola
- Hacked Lab at La Rinascente
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs… to save water when making tea
- Dezeen Screen: the Yachiyo metal rugby… Philippe Malouin
- Dutch Design Week presents trends "two… years ahead of Milan"
- MUT Design uses copper, marble and ash… for "seductive" freestanding kitchen
- Sebastian Bergne says bottoms up with …tilting egg-shaped decanter
- David Derksen launches Moiré jeweller…y at Ventura Lambrate
- Andrés Jaque's giant water purifier u…nveiled in MoMA PS1 courtyard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories