London Design Festival 2010: here are some photos and a video featuring designers including Richard Woods, Tord Boontje, Committee and artist Gavin Turk, who each created an installation in one day at the Established & Sons gallery during the London Design Festival last month.
This movie by Gestalten TV documents the processes that unfolded each day and features interviews with each of the designers.
Photographs are by Nick Ballon.
Above: Richard Woods
The information that follows is from Established & Sons:
Established & Sons LIMITED
Established & Sons LIMITED presents ‘Design Against The Clock’ a series of live design performances at the Mayfair gallery.
Above: Tord Boontje and RCA students
A selection of key design figures, reflective of London’s creativity including artist Richard Woods, design duo Committee and sculpture and artist Gavin Turk will work onsite to produce works reflective of their individual design practices.
Above: Gavin Turk
Each finished piece will be exhibited daily at Established & Sons LIMITED. Established & Sons LIMITED will also act as a Design Café for the duration of the Festival, where food and drink will be served and guests can enjoy browsing a Gestalten bookstore.
Above: Gavin Turk
A variety of pieces from Established & Sons Collections, including Estd by Established & Sons, will be showcased and limited edition posters will be on sale.
Above and top: Committee
Established & Sons
|More about the
London Design Festival
- Emeco launches new collection in Milan d…esigned by Jasper Morrison
- Carl Malmsten made me do it by David Eri…csson
- Fingers by Nik Ramage for Laikingland
- Nemo by Fabio Novembre for Driade
- Flux by Jerszy Seymour for Magis
- More photos of Tokujin Yoshioka installa…tion at Design Miami
- Atelier van Lieshout at Giò Marconi, Mi…lan
- West End Design Quarter "promotes design… in the heart of central London"
- Andrew Cheng designs Chopsticks side tab…les with skinny legs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories