Hong Kong designer Michael Young has created a range of bio-plastic in-ear headphones made of cornstarch.
Called EOps Noisezero i+ Eco, the products have silicon tips and come in four colours.
The information below is from Michael Young:
EOps NOISEZERO i+ in-ear headphones with Remote/Mic for iPod, iPhone, iPad
Designed by Michael Young
The World’s First Cornstarch Ear-buds
The EOps Noisezero i+ Eco edition uses revolutionary eco-friendly cornstarch bio-plastics for the ear-buds and the microphone housing. In our design process, we found that by using cornstarch bio-plastics to build the ear-buds acoustics chamber, natural feeling mid tone can be achieved.
The unique horn shaped ear-buds chamber optimized acoustics performance for brilliant treble and the extra large bass reflect port at the back provides super strong bass whilst celebrating these as design features.
The form factor of the ear buds was also designed to assist the ease of positioning and passive noise isolation.
The user can hold the slim part of the ear buds when inserting the silicone ear tips into the ear canal, and then rotate the ear buds 90 degrees such that the silicone ear tips can achieve good acoustic seal in the ear canals for best audio results.
The microphone and remote module on the headphones cable is an Apple-approved three-button version, letting you control playback as well as volume level for the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, and recent iPod. The EOps Noisezero i+ Eco edition comes in colors of charcoal, rustic brown, midnight blue and sage green. A carrying case is included in the pack.
|TMA-1 By KiBiSi
|Tracks Headphone Series
by AIAIAI and Kilo Design
- Jólan van der Wiel at Dezeen Platform
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- Studio Makkink & Bey creates Blue Potter…y using traditional Indian techniques
- Mutant vase by Yiannis Ghikas has a sci-…fi surface pattern
- Ilona Gaynor designs staging for a hypot…hetical court case
- "Timeless design is not a cliché" - Phi…lippe Starck
- Riya office chair by PearsonLloyd for Be…ne
- DesignMarch 2012: studio tours
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories