Called Ton, the collection includes stools in three different heights, each with a slot cut out to form a handle.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs interviewed Mark Braun as part of our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents at the fair. Movies of all the talks will be shown on Dezeen soon. Meanwhile you can see films of all the Dezeentalks at last year's fair here.
Photographs are by Inka Recke.
The information that follows is from Mark Braun:
TON - a wooden stool series
TON is made out of laminated wood in bleeched and smoaked oak. Different stool types offering functional hights useful as step, stool and leaning aid and stackable as they are you can also use them as occasional tables.
Flexible use is also supported by the large grip hole for carring your TON as a suitcase - and beside that the grip hole creates a formal icon to underline the beauty of a pure but characteristic form.
|Reichtum by Mark Braun
by Le Corbusier
- "The fashion industry has finally woken …up"
- Pentagon Pen by Industrial Facility
- Modernatique by Hyung Suk Cho
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- Heaven by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Radar chairs by Claesson Koivisto Rune c…hannel conversation
- Save 25% on Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch St…ore
- Creators of the AeroMobil flying car pro…pose moving road traffic to the skies
- Ancient volcanic rock and carbon fibre s…pliced together in Onyx sofa by Peugeot Design Lab
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories