Called Ton, the collection includes stools in three different heights, each with a slot cut out to form a handle.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs interviewed Mark Braun as part of our series of Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents at the fair. Movies of all the talks will be shown on Dezeen soon. Meanwhile you can see films of all the Dezeentalks at last year's fair here.
Photographs are by Inka Recke.
The information that follows is from Mark Braun:
TON - a wooden stool series
TON is made out of laminated wood in bleeched and smoaked oak. Different stool types offering functional hights useful as step, stool and leaning aid and stackable as they are you can also use them as occasional tables.
Flexible use is also supported by the large grip hole for carring your TON as a suitcase - and beside that the grip hole creates a formal icon to underline the beauty of a pure but characteristic form.
|Reichtum by Mark Braun
by Le Corbusier
- dezeen loves... Type the Sky
- BUG modular gadgets
- New 104 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
- Father's Day gifts at Dezeen Watch Store
- Big-Game launches range of multi-faceted… door handles
- Furniture made from soil then baked like… bread by Erez Nevi Pana
- Philippe Starck at Driade
- Jaime Hayón for Villa Moda in Dubai
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories