Called Home Traveller, the leather bag on legs is designed to be moved around without occupying a fixed place on the home.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a little bit of text from Lorenz:
Home Traveller was part of my graduation project at HFG Karlsruhe/Germany. It is a combination of a handbag and furniture - a play with those archetypes. The portable storage unit can easily be carried from one place to another and be arranged in the living space like an accessory. Instead of a normal furniture it has no fixed place in the room. It is as spacious like a chest but more flexible in the use.
Materials: Leather, wood.
|Built to Resi(s)t by Quinze & Milan and Eastpak||Tassenkast by
|More Cologne 2011
- Berlin celebrates "fall of the wall" ann…iversary with 8,000 glowing balloons
- Colour-changing ink transforms flame-eng…ulfed headdress by Lauren Bowker
- Amma Studio's stools and tables combine …cement with BB pellets and coffee grounds
- LQ chandeliers by Hani Rashid for Zumtob…el
- Takashi Murakami at Design Miami
- Designed in Hackney: East London Furnitu…re
- Punkt. Alarm Clock and Phone by Jasper M…orrison at Dezeen Super Store
- Shelters resembling giant pompoms by RAW… Design warm skaters on a frozen river
- Zlin cutlery by Future Systems
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories