Called Home Traveller, the leather bag on legs is designed to be moved around without occupying a fixed place on the home.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's a little bit of text from Lorenz:
Home Traveller was part of my graduation project at HFG Karlsruhe/Germany. It is a combination of a handbag and furniture - a play with those archetypes. The portable storage unit can easily be carried from one place to another and be arranged in the living space like an accessory. Instead of a normal furniture it has no fixed place in the room. It is as spacious like a chest but more flexible in the use.
Materials: Leather, wood.
|Built to Resi(s)t by Quinze & Milan and Eastpak||Tassenkast by
|More Cologne 2011
- Job Cabinet by Studio Job for Lensvelt
- Connected pedal protects bicycles from t…heft
- Amass by Benjamin Hubert for 100% Design
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
- Tom Dixon in Milan 2009
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- Daan Roosegaarde lights up Amsterdam sta…tion with rainbow projection
- "When you try to separate art and design… you create a ghetto" - Job Smeets
- Daniela Sherer animates "twist on a West…ern" for Tom Rosenthal music video
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories