Product designer Meirav Barzilay of Tel Aviv has designed this crumpled papery pendant light that comes scrunched up in a ball.
Called Papela, the lampshade is made of paper-like Tyvek material allowing it to be reshaped and crumpled as desired without tearing.
The shade is hand-stitched together and comes in two different colours.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Papela is a playful paper lamp. Crumple, squash and reshape it as you like.
Papela is delivered as a paper ball, which by a simple set of actions transforms into a unique wrinkled lampshade.
Its minimalist structure is created by thread stitches only, hand sewn out of a colored paper sheet. Papela is available in two different designs.
Materials: Tyvek | Dimensions: 32cm x 45cmØ , 26cm x 45cmØ X-LARGE 55cm x 85cmØ | Year: 2011
Bevk Perović Arhitekti
|Crumpled City by Emanuele Pizzolorusso for Palomar||Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Örsjö Belysning|
- My Couch, My Canvas by Annebet Philips
- Wästberg lighting collection 09
- The Toaster Project by Thomas Thwaites
- WikiGlasses by Lynton Pepper
- Amma Studio's stools and tables combin…e cement with BB pellets and coffee grounds
- Uji wall clock moves its hands in time… with your heartbeat
- GamFratesi covers Milanese cloister wi…th mirrors for Mindcraft exhibition of Danish design
- Spot table lamps by Nir Meiri
- Vitality by fuseproject for Sabi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories