Product designer Meirav Barzilay of Tel Aviv has designed this crumpled papery pendant light that comes scrunched up in a ball.
Called Papela, the lampshade is made of paper-like Tyvek material allowing it to be reshaped and crumpled as desired without tearing.
The shade is hand-stitched together and comes in two different colours.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Papela is a playful paper lamp. Crumple, squash and reshape it as you like.
Papela is delivered as a paper ball, which by a simple set of actions transforms into a unique wrinkled lampshade.
Its minimalist structure is created by thread stitches only, hand sewn out of a colored paper sheet. Papela is available in two different designs.
Materials: Tyvek | Dimensions: 32cm x 45cmØ , 26cm x 45cmØ X-LARGE 55cm x 85cmØ | Year: 2011
Bevk Perović Arhitekti
|Crumpled City by Emanuele Pizzolorusso for Palomar||Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Örsjö Belysning|
- Light Night 2009 by Linda Florence
- Lava Flower by Gudrun Lilja Gunnlaugsdó…ttir
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- Côme by Patrick Norguet and Alias for M…cDonald's
- Myrkr Chair by WORD
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- Benjamin Hubert and Moroso "share a pass…ion for innovations in textile"
- Driverless cars and OLED headlights by A…udi at CES 2013
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories