Product designer Meirav Barzilay of Tel Aviv has designed this crumpled papery pendant light that comes scrunched up in a ball.
Called Papela, the lampshade is made of paper-like Tyvek material allowing it to be reshaped and crumpled as desired without tearing.
The shade is hand-stitched together and comes in two different colours.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Papela is a playful paper lamp. Crumple, squash and reshape it as you like.
Papela is delivered as a paper ball, which by a simple set of actions transforms into a unique wrinkled lampshade.
Its minimalist structure is created by thread stitches only, hand sewn out of a colored paper sheet. Papela is available in two different designs.
Materials: Tyvek | Dimensions: 32cm x 45cmØ , 26cm x 45cmØ X-LARGE 55cm x 85cmØ | Year: 2011
Bevk Perović Arhitekti
|Crumpled City by Emanuele Pizzolorusso for Palomar||Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Örsjö Belysning|
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agawin…'s Balance Stool
- G Pod by Victor Vetterlein
- Shine outdoor furniture by Arik Levy for… Emu
- Analarm by Industrial Facility
- Rise by Hussein Chalayan
- Styrene by Paul Cocksedge for the Stepne…y Green Design Collection
- Straw by Osko+Deichmann
- Once Upon a Dream by Mathieu Lehanneur f…or Veuve Clicquot
- Jaime Hayón designs furniture based on …Le Corbusier architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories