Product designer Meirav Barzilay of Tel Aviv has designed this crumpled papery pendant light that comes scrunched up in a ball.
Called Papela, the lampshade is made of paper-like Tyvek material allowing it to be reshaped and crumpled as desired without tearing.
The shade is hand-stitched together and comes in two different colours.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Papela is a playful paper lamp. Crumple, squash and reshape it as you like.
Papela is delivered as a paper ball, which by a simple set of actions transforms into a unique wrinkled lampshade.
Its minimalist structure is created by thread stitches only, hand sewn out of a colored paper sheet. Papela is available in two different designs.
Materials: Tyvek | Dimensions: 32cm x 45cmØ , 26cm x 45cmØ X-LARGE 55cm x 85cmØ | Year: 2011
Bevk Perović Arhitekti
|Crumpled City by Emanuele Pizzolorusso for Palomar||Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Örsjö Belysning|
- Live from the Design Museum
- Air Vase by Torafu Architects
- "With too many contemporary watches you …can't tell what time it is" - Tom Dixon
- Towel Hanger by Hiroomi Tahara
- Interactive slideshow: Nordic designers …create furniture, lighting and accessories for Muuto
- Baufrica by Muungano
- Bumper Bed by Marc Newson for Domeau & P…érès
- Movie: Nike GS Football Boot
- The T-shirt Issue by Mashallah Design & …Linda Kostowski
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories