Milan 2011: Industrial designer Benjamin Hubert will launch a collection of LED lamps shaped like canoe paddles in Milan next month.
Called Paddle, the design features a stand made from ash wood or textured, lacquered aluminium and a pressed aluminium head.
The information that follows is from Hubert:
Benjamin Hubert x Fabbian
Paddle is a collection of adjustable LED task lights designed by Benjamin Hubert for Italian lighting manufacturer Fabbian launching in Euroluce during Milan Salone Del mobile 2011.
Paddle has many axis of functional movement inspired by the 360 degree movement of a canoe blade through water. To allow for maximum usability in a variety of working environments.
The high brightness led light source and capacitive touch control is contrasted with a tactile range of material to soften the technology and create a more human range of products.
The framework of the lamp is available in either ash timber or texture lacquered aluminum with the paddle head formed from pressed aluminum.
The product focuses on the flowing relationship between adjustable elements whilst retaining a utilitarian architectural quality.
|Heavy Desk Light by
- Philippe Starck launches MASS cycling co…llection at Eurobike
- Pyramids of Makkum
- Aquaduct by IDEO
- OP-jects by Bilge Nur Saltik
- The Radiation Collection by NOCC
- Lounge Chair by David Irwin
- Movie: pop-up tattoo parlour at Design M…iami
- Escapism by Daniel Widrig, Iris van Herp…en and .MGX by Materialise
- Bench2 by Jo Nagasaka + Schemata Archite…cture Office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories