Milan 2011: Industrial designer Benjamin Hubert will launch a collection of LED lamps shaped like canoe paddles in Milan next month.
Called Paddle, the design features a stand made from ash wood or textured, lacquered aluminium and a pressed aluminium head.
The information that follows is from Hubert:
Benjamin Hubert x Fabbian
Paddle is a collection of adjustable LED task lights designed by Benjamin Hubert for Italian lighting manufacturer Fabbian launching in Euroluce during Milan Salone Del mobile 2011.
Paddle has many axis of functional movement inspired by the 360 degree movement of a canoe blade through water. To allow for maximum usability in a variety of working environments.
The high brightness led light source and capacitive touch control is contrasted with a tactile range of material to soften the technology and create a more human range of products.
The framework of the lamp is available in either ash timber or texture lacquered aluminum with the paddle head formed from pressed aluminum.
The product focuses on the flowing relationship between adjustable elements whilst retaining a utilitarian architectural quality.
|Heavy Desk Light by
- Spring Table by Tb & Ajakay
- Ikea launches "deliberately low key" col…lection by Ilse Crawford
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- M2B by Niko de la Faye
- Semi-Rigid Car by Emergent
- Scrapwood Wallpaper 2 by Piet Hein Eek f…or NLXL
- Naoya Matsumoto Design creates two-tone …stools
- Dezeen’s top ten: cars
- Sergio concept car by Pininfarina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories