Milan 2011: Studio Vit of Sweden presented eleven maple storage boxes of varying sizes in Milan earlier this month.
Called 11 Boxes, the storage units feature a single hole for opening and can be used any way up.
Photographs are by Annabel Elston.
The following is from Studio Vit:
11 Boxes by Studio Vit:
studio vit is proud to present their first collection, 11 boxes, at the Milan Furniture Fair 2011.
11 boxes is a typology of storage units based on the idea of an archetypal box, each one distinguished by its shape and structural elements. Like characters in an alphabet, the boxes can be used on their own or grouped together, in the same way that single letters make words.
A playful and changeable collection, the boxes can form infinite unique compositions depending on the situation, available space and storage needs. Made from solid maple, each unit is equally finished on all sides and thus can be positioned anywhere in a room.
studio vit is the result of a collaboration and dialogue between Swedish designers Helena Jonasson and Veronica Dagnert.
Helena has has worked in the furniture industy since graduating with a degree in industrial design, and Veronica has a background in fashion and a Masters from Central Saint Martins in London. Both live and work in London.
- Squares by Nosigner
- Symbiosis by Jelte van Abbema
- Candela installation creates luminous pa…tterns as it spins inside dark V&A gallery
- Bacteria produces textiles for Skin body… adornments by Sammy Jobbins Wells
- Sclavi’s Rolling Chair by Sergio Calat…roni Artroom
- Design Indaba videos: 5.5 designers
- Bell-orgel by Nendo
- Gaetano Pesce for Meritalia
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: Pewter Stool by Ma…x Lamb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories