Caled Readme, the design resembles a stretched lamp shade with the books stashed in a void between the two ends.
The steel cabinet is supported on maple legs and light is emitted from the translucent top surface.
Dezeen are media partners for DMY Berlin, which takes place 1-5 June 2011.
The information below is from Peter Böckel:
README is the convergence of a lamp and a shelf. Standing on four legs it also is lightly influenced by the characteristics of a small chest. It still holds the traits of a lampshade which is broken up by shelving. In addition there is some small storage at the top. The extrapolation of the two convergent origins is the decisive point.
Used materials are white maple and coated steel.
Peter Böckel is a young industrial designer from Germany. He graduated 2011 from the University of Applied Science Coburg. During his time at the university he collected work experience in the offices of N+P Industrial Design in Munich and Michael Young in Hong Kong. Besides his assistant teaching at the university, he organized and mentored workshops for students at universities in Istanbul.
His design interests are ranging from experimental and furniture to industrial design. He scrutinizes and interprets things and processes in abstract and unusual ways. Here he likes to move around border crossings.
This can be used in topics and in the meanings are. Equally important is to find the right dose of friction between product and user. Inspired by materials, technologies and his surroundings he creates iconic and contemporary products.
- Louis Vuitton fashion collection influen…ced by Modernist architect Charlotte Perriand
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anestas…ia
- Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Ma…gne-hinge glasses
- Tokujin Yoshioka launches mobile phone
- Karamel Sans CE by Marta Maštálková
- Louis Vuitton realises unbuilt Charlotte… Perriand beach house in Miami
- Luminous by Tokujin Yoshiokafor Glas Ita…lia
- Flower Street BioReactor by Emergent
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories