Coloured cables encircle the cases of these computer mice by Japanese designers Nendo.
Called Rinkak, the design for electronics company Elecom creates an outline round the product like a drawn line.
Photographs are by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
Here are some more details from Nendo:
We designed a computer mouse “rinkak” for a Japanese company ELECOM
“rinkak” design concept
In Japanese, rinkak refers to an object’s outline against its background.
The cable that snakes out from the computer becomes the rinkak of a mouse, like a quickly-sketched freehand drawing. The mouse becomes the background, and the cable - until now a supporting actor - takes to the main stage.
This product will be sold in Japan from end of June. And planning to sell Internationally soon.
- Phonofone II by Tristan Zimmermann
- The Incubator Series by Anke Weiss
- Xylinum by Jannis Hülsen
- "The current trend is to have an outdoor… kitchen"
- Jens Risom furniture re-issued by Rocket… and Benchmark
- Olafur Eliasson's immersive light instal…lations inhabit Gehry's Fondation Louis Vuitton
- Car design and production could "start t…o show biological adaptation and mutation"
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- Mag・net・ic by Akiko Oue
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories