Coloured cables encircle the cases of these computer mice by Japanese designers Nendo.
Called Rinkak, the design for electronics company Elecom creates an outline round the product like a drawn line.
Photographs are by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
Here are some more details from Nendo:
We designed a computer mouse “rinkak” for a Japanese company ELECOM
“rinkak” design concept
In Japanese, rinkak refers to an object’s outline against its background.
The cable that snakes out from the computer becomes the rinkak of a mouse, like a quickly-sketched freehand drawing. The mouse becomes the background, and the cable - until now a supporting actor - takes to the main stage.
This product will be sold in Japan from end of June. And planning to sell Internationally soon.
- Swiss Poster Generator by Ben and Clark …DuVall
- Maritiem Museum exhibition by Tjep.
- Google Glass was designed through "sketc…hing by hand" says lead designer
- Project001 Masked Creature by Stickyline
- Dandelion Light by Sunghwa Jang
- Light Shadows by Zero and Orrefors Kosta… Boda
- Light Blubs by Pieke Bergmans
- Nike Vapor Laser Talon 3D printed footba…ll boot studs
- Nature V2.01 by Draw Me a Sheep
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories