Left for between five and 15 minutes, the vases are then developed in a darkroom like a normal photograph.
Each one permanently records imagery from the environment in which it was briefly exposed.
Here are some more details from ShiKai Tseng:
PhotoGraphy – no.1
PhotoGraphy project is the creation of a process in which the environment, time and light react to each other and generate images on three-dimensional objects.
The 1st series is about coating objects with a “light-sensitive” layer, put in a black box with strategically placed pinholes, and exposed for 5 to 50 minutes depending on the brightness of the environment.
It is a new way to capture a moment in time, no matter whether the image on the object is focused or losing focus.
The object will carry the trace of its first moments of experience, its first exposure.
- Rise for Japan by Milton Glaser
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
- David Chipperfield installs tree trunk c…olumns in Mies van der Rohe's Neue Nationalgalerie
- Memories of the Future by Carl de Smet
- Will.i.am launches Ekocycle range of pro…ducts made with sustainable materials
- LetThemSitCake! by Dejana Kabiljo
- O10 by Guillaume Delvigne
- Daan Roosegaarde lights up Amsterdam sta…tion with rainbow projection
- Bench2 by Jo Nagasaka + Schemata Archite…cture Office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories