Left for between five and 15 minutes, the vases are then developed in a darkroom like a normal photograph.
Each one permanently records imagery from the environment in which it was briefly exposed.
Here are some more details from ShiKai Tseng:
PhotoGraphy – no.1
PhotoGraphy project is the creation of a process in which the environment, time and light react to each other and generate images on three-dimensional objects.
The 1st series is about coating objects with a “light-sensitive” layer, put in a black box with strategically placed pinholes, and exposed for 5 to 50 minutes depending on the brightness of the environment.
It is a new way to capture a moment in time, no matter whether the image on the object is focused or losing focus.
The object will carry the trace of its first moments of experience, its first exposure.
- Lighthouse by Christian Vivanco
- Arne Quinze at Burning Man
- Logo Chairs by Richard Woods and Sebasti…an Wrong
- Shop&Show by Tracey Neuls
- Mathilda by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Kickstarter record-breaking Pebble smart…watch goes into production
- Save £50 on VOID watches at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Doshi Levien for Moroso
- Jeff Miller for Baleri Italia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories