Left for between five and 15 minutes, the vases are then developed in a darkroom like a normal photograph.
Each one permanently records imagery from the environment in which it was briefly exposed.
Here are some more details from ShiKai Tseng:
PhotoGraphy – no.1
PhotoGraphy project is the creation of a process in which the environment, time and light react to each other and generate images on three-dimensional objects.
The 1st series is about coating objects with a “light-sensitive” layer, put in a black box with strategically placed pinholes, and exposed for 5 to 50 minutes depending on the brightness of the environment.
It is a new way to capture a moment in time, no matter whether the image on the object is focused or losing focus.
The object will carry the trace of its first moments of experience, its first exposure.
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- Cat Mckee at New Designers
- Postable by Studio Toer
- Sibling turns pink fur and brown paper p…ackaging into clothing
- Installation and crystal glasses by Maxi…m Velčovský for Lobmeyr
- Ewan Jones Morris' animation for Cell So…ng by Fanfarlo explores biological structures
- Front revisits Gebrüder Thonet Vienna's… roots to design bent-wood furniture
- 10 architecture and design exhibitions w…e're looking forward to in 2015
- Future Primitives by Muller Van Severen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories