As part of the series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Lyndon Neri of Neri&Hu about the Waterhouse at South Bund, a hotel inside a former headquarters of the Japanese army, which won the overall award.
In the movie, Lyndon talks about the attitude towards restoration in China, its importance in retaining the essence of a city and how his design gives public space back to the public.
- Yusuke Seki's second kimono store pairs …patterned fabrics with raw materials
- Poulsom Middlehurst adds copper-clad ext…ension to east London attic flat
- Works on paper by Zaha Hadid
- Style Bakery by SNARK features tiled wal…ls and oak shelving
- Velcro Headquarters by Eslava&Sauras
- Boolean interior by Torafu Architects
- Waves of wood form staircase at SDM Apar…tment by Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
- Café/day by Suppose Design Office
- Techtile exhibition design by Nosigner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories