Translucent boxes propped up on a forest of steel rods display products by skincare brand Aesop at a Hong Kong fashion store.
Designed by architects Cheungvogl, the monochrome display at I.T Hysan One was inspired by a black and white photograph of floating lanterns.
The supporting rods become taller towards the back, so the 800 resin boxes appear to be stacked into a tower.
Australian brand Aesop are renowned for creating unusual displays for their products - see more of their stores here.
Here's some more information from Aesop:
Aesop I.T Installation, Hong Kong by cheungvogl
Aesop has created an installation in Hong Kong's I.T HYSAN ONE flagship store that builds on our reputation for architecturally remarkable retail spaces.
The installation also operates as a counter. Aesop consultants present selections from our range of exceptional skin, hair and body care.
Cheungvogl architects, inspired by a black and white image of hundreds of floating lanterns, have imbued the I.T HYSAN ONE exhibition space with a similar delicate luminosity.
Eight hundred resin boxes are arranged atop steel rods of varying lengths, creating the sense that each box is ascending at its own pace, as if being drawn upward by an invisible thread. Some boxes hold Aesop formulations while others are designed to reward visitors' curiosity through unexpected sound, scent and touch.
At the end of its two-week tenure the Aesop installation will be deconstructed and re-formed as a permanent counter on the first floor of I.T HYSAN ONE.
Aesop and I.T share an acute sensibility; we are focused on the highest standards of quality and creativity. We also have a common desire to explore how our respective products function within the intelligent and restrained application of design.
This installation marks the beginning of what is certain to be a long, exciting and creatively inspiring collaboration.
- Tainaron Blue Retreat is a guest house… in a converted tower on the Greek coast
- Kois Associated Architects furnishes A…thens jewellery shop with metal "forest" and smoke
- Verbandkammer by Nilsson Pflugfelder
- ANZAS Dance Studio by Tsutsumi and Ass…ociates
- Design High at Louise Blouin Foundatio…n
- Hagoromo by Nosigner
- Lieven Dejaeghere creates affordable a…partments inside the classrooms of an old Belgian school
- Nook Architects move into self-designe…d co-working space in Barcelona
- Albert Reichmuth Wine Store by OOS
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories