Stockholm 2012: Swedish designers Form Us With Love presented vases comprising slabs of quartz compound slotted onto a metal frame in Stockholm last week.
The Silestone Slab Vases were created for Spanish brand Cosentino to show off their Silestone material, normally used for kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
The vases can be reconfigured and made waterproof by the addition of a plastic insert.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
Here are some more details from Form Us With Love:
Silestone Slab Vases
Form Us With Love and Cosentino present a project exploring the quartz surface Silestone. Silestone Slab Vases were showed at the exhibition Form Us With Friends at the Swedish Museum of Architecture during Stockholm Design Week. The project aims to break away from the familiar Silestone slab form and explore the material’s tactile dimension.
The Slab Vases consist of rings of Silestone, which have been slipped over a metal bracket to create a sculptural vase. The rings vary in size and are cut so the shape of the vase changes with each assembly. The material is of Iberian origin, but Scandinavian sensibilities run through the Slab Vases project.
- Minimalux by Mark Holmes
- AMO installs translucent "stalactites" a…bove Prada Spring Summer 2016 catwalk
- Corian: 40 Years - 40 Designers
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
- VOID V01 copper at Dezeen Watch Store
- Grandmateria at Gallery Libby Sellers
- Tube Amplifier by Case-Real for Elekit
- Rise for Japan by Milton Glaser
- Axel Bluhme's drum machine triggers soun…ds using rotating discs of magnets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories