Stockholm 2012: Swedish designers Form Us With Love presented vases comprising slabs of quartz compound slotted onto a metal frame in Stockholm last week.
The Silestone Slab Vases were created for Spanish brand Cosentino to show off their Silestone material, normally used for kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
The vases can be reconfigured and made waterproof by the addition of a plastic insert.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
Here are some more details from Form Us With Love:
Silestone Slab Vases
Form Us With Love and Cosentino present a project exploring the quartz surface Silestone. Silestone Slab Vases were showed at the exhibition Form Us With Friends at the Swedish Museum of Architecture during Stockholm Design Week. The project aims to break away from the familiar Silestone slab form and explore the material’s tactile dimension.
The Slab Vases consist of rings of Silestone, which have been slipped over a metal bracket to create a sculptural vase. The rings vary in size and are cut so the shape of the vase changes with each assembly. The material is of Iberian origin, but Scandinavian sensibilities run through the Slab Vases project.
- Dick, Pussy & Ass by Arik Levy
- Champions by Konstantin Grcic at Galle…rie Kreo
- [D3] Contest winners at imm cologne 20…10
- Cricklewood Town Square by Spacemakers
- Still Life by PJADAD and Atelier Food
- The Snow by Tokujin Yoshioka
- SOFTlab installs colourful funneled ca…nopy in Melissa shoe shop
- Dezeen Watch Store: Vigorelli by Matte…o Ragni for Lorenz
- Häagen-Dazs Cloud ice cream by Front
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories