Milan 2012: Elle Decoration UK editor Michelle Ogundehin tipped collaborations with Japanese designers and manufacturers as the most exciting development in Milan this year when she paid a visit to Dezeen Studio. In this first instalment of our interview with her, she discusses the calming effect this has had on the design industry and how quality design has become more accessible to high street brands.
One of the collaborations Ogundehin mentions is between Japanese furniture brand Karimoku New Standard and a selection of designers - see those projects here.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Friday TV show (below).
- Craig Green constructs giant fabric ve…ils for Spring Summer 2016 fashion collection
- Kristina Cranfeld amplifies and distor…ts facial expressions with Ownership of the Face masks
- Prototype Triangle Numéro 1 wooden T-…shirt by Pauline Marcombe
- World Carpets by Marcel Wanders 2
- Food and design videos: Design Academy… Eindhoven
- Brooches by Yurina Kira
- Barber and Osgerby's giant rotating mi…rrors reflect Raphael paintings inside the V&A
- Solar Tree by Ross Lovegrove
- "America is not a style, America is an… idea" says Marc Thorpe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories