Milan 2012: Elle Decoration UK editor Michelle Ogundehin tipped collaborations with Japanese designers and manufacturers as the most exciting development in Milan this year when she paid a visit to Dezeen Studio. In this first instalment of our interview with her, she discusses the calming effect this has had on the design industry and how quality design has become more accessible to high street brands.
One of the collaborations Ogundehin mentions is between Japanese furniture brand Karimoku New Standard and a selection of designers - see those projects here.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Friday TV show (below).
- Glowing orbs cupped in wire baskets to f…orm pendant lamps
- Oki Sato on Nendo's Growing Vases
- KitRadio by Samuel Rhoads-Clarke
- Spring Wood by Carolien Laro
- THREE packaging by Nendo
- Dan Yeffet stacks brass, marble and glas…s into Element vase
- Extra-ORdinary by Jennifer Rabatel
- E8 table by Mathias Hahn
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories