Milan 2012: Elle Decoration UK editor Michelle Ogundehin tipped collaborations with Japanese designers and manufacturers as the most exciting development in Milan this year when she paid a visit to Dezeen Studio. In this first instalment of our interview with her, she discusses the calming effect this has had on the design industry and how quality design has become more accessible to high street brands.
One of the collaborations Ogundehin mentions is between Japanese furniture brand Karimoku New Standard and a selection of designers - see those projects here.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Friday TV show (below).
- Superduperstudio designs "spillproof" wi…ne glasses
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
- Floors by Big-Game
- Modernatique by Hyung Suk Cho
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- LDN by Ross Lovegrove and NYC by KiBiSi …for Biomega
- Tetra light by Peter Liversidge and Asif… Khan
- Black Gold homeware collection by Quintu…s Kropholler is made of tarmac
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories