Milan 2012: Elle Decoration UK editor Michelle Ogundehin tipped collaborations with Japanese designers and manufacturers as the most exciting development in Milan this year when she paid a visit to Dezeen Studio. In this first instalment of our interview with her, she discusses the calming effect this has had on the design industry and how quality design has become more accessible to high street brands.
One of the collaborations Ogundehin mentions is between Japanese furniture brand Karimoku New Standard and a selection of designers - see those projects here.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Friday TV show (below).
- Kitchen Insects by Sayaka Yamamoto
- Fujiko Nakaya hides Bristol bridge insid…e a blanket of fog
- All Other Things Being Equal by Studio J…enk
- Claesson Koivisto Rune arranges metal sh…eets into Caramel side table
- Quell & Company designs iPhone dock to b…e "at home in the home"
- Clover by Brodie Neill for Kundalini
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Fraser Ross
- Arctic Collection by Jens Praet and Vibe…ke Skar
- Robber Baron by Studio Job
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories