Milan 2012: Elle Decoration UK editor Michelle Ogundehin tipped collaborations with Japanese designers and manufacturers as the most exciting development in Milan this year when she paid a visit to Dezeen Studio. In this first instalment of our interview with her, she discusses the calming effect this has had on the design industry and how quality design has become more accessible to high street brands.
One of the collaborations Ogundehin mentions is between Japanese furniture brand Karimoku New Standard and a selection of designers - see those projects here.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Friday TV show (below).
- Duo by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
- Nendo adds boat shoes and a crystal ches…s set to its diverse portfolio
- The Fantasy collection by Jaime Hayón
- The Woolly Chair by Jason Miller
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers
- Rianne Koens’ stackable drawers functi…on as cabinets, tables and stools
- Pregnant Chair by Trent Jansen for Moooi
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- New magazines: "A lasting record of the …world of design at a point in time"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories