The Modest Stool consists of three stacked layers, with holes in the lower two wooden seats so the legs can be slotted through.
The tubular legs of the middle stool nest snugly between the half-pipe metal legs of the other two.
Menand is based in Strasbourg.
Earlier today we published another story about furniture hidden inside furniture - take a look at the dining set hidden in a bookcase here.
- Origami-influenced umbrella "bounces b…ack into shape" after blowing inside out
- The Snow by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Object 12-1 by Matija Čop
- Enamel by Hella Jongerius
- Pierre Charpin refits Apartment N°50 …in Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse
- The Right Kind of Wrong by Anthony Bur…rill and Michael Marriott
- Tata Nano by Tata Motors
- Designed in Hackney: Pigeon Light by E…d Carpenter
- Swell sofa by Jonas Wagell for Normann… Copenhagen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories