Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- Doshi Levien's furniture for Moroso "cha…llenges people's perceptions"
- Bombay Sapphire Prize shortlist
- Playtime by Ludovic Renson
- Viktor & Rolf scenography by Studio Job
- When Gravity Fails by Sruli Recht
- Straight Chair and Splay Table by George… Nakashima for Knoll
- The Birth by Studio Job
- Job Cabinet by Studio Job for Lensvelt
- OLA Table by AKKA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories