Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- WikiGlasses by Lynton Pepper
- MINI's Citysurfer scooter concept anti…cipates a car-less future for urban areas
- Designed in Hackney: Luminous Lace by …Loop.pH
- Prater Chair by Marco Dessí
- "Storage is disappearing from offices"… - Erwan Bouroullec
- Forest Spoon by Nendo
- Ladder by Charlie Styrbjörn Design
- Plants bloom on Mischer'Traxler's tabl…e for Perrier-Jouët when you move away from it
- Mangus Wästberg at Qubique 2011
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories