Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- Digital Explorers: Discovery at Metropol…itan Works
- London Design Festival eyes South Bank
- Dynasty Revival by Lane Crawford
- Avena+ Test Bed - Agricultural Printing …and Altered Landscapes by Benedikt Groß
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
- Ransmeier & Floyd show new light
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practice …of Everyday Design
- PhotoGraphy by ShiKai Tseng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories