Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- i3 electric car by BMW
- KDDI shows new Fukasawa prototype
- Alice by Rachel Boxnboim
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save 20%… on Gravity by Ziiiro
- New magazines: "Our goal was to map the …domestic landscape"
- Apollo by International
- New 202 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Dezeen at Design Miami
- Workout Computer by Bless keeps you fit …while you type
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories