Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- Uflex bandage snaps around a wound and i…nflates to stop bleeding
- Job Office collection by Studio Job for …Lensvelt
- Atmospherics by Hani Rashid
- Ume-play and Karakusa-play ceramics by N…endo
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Travelator catwalk carries models around… House of Holland fashion show
- Tu-Tu by Rock Paper Scissors
- Jaktogo by John Power
- Receipt redesign by BERG
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories