Product news: British designer Jasper Morrison has created a family of outdoor furniture for Spanish design brand Kettal.
Each piece in Jasper Morrison's Park Life collection has an aluminium frame and is designed to be both lightweight and durable.
The collection for Kettal includes a dining chair and a low chair, plus tables and benches in different sizes and a sun lounger.
There are also upholstered pieces, including an armchair and two- and three-seater sofas.
The chairs are stackable and some pieces have wheels or adjustable legs, making them easy to transport or store.
Seats and backrests are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
As part of Dezeen's Designed in Hackney series earlier this year, we featured two designs by Morrison, whose studio is located in the borough – the Crate series of pine storage units and the glass-topped Side Table, originally produced by SCP in 1986.
We previously featured a collection of conservatory furniture designed for Kettal by Hella Jongerius.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Park Life by Jasper Morrison and Kettal
"This is my first outdoor collection and it has taken some time to get here: about four and a half years! It probably took that long because we needed to discover the right codes for Outdoor Furniture, which is a category apart from other types of furniture. It has been an interesting process and we have been through many prototypes to get here but I think the result justifies the effort.
"Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight yet extremely durable, it's easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually."
- Matali Crasset presents woven vessels i…n collaboration with Zimbabwean weavers
- Ineke Hans designs colourful signage and… street furniture for roadside art trail
- Weaver's Nest by Animal Farm
- Classic watches from Daniel Wellington w…ith striped Nato straps
- 11+ designs USB-powered portable humidif…ier
- London Design Festival 2012 photographs …by Barbara Chandler
- Cloud Lamps by Yu Jordy Fu
- Dezeen's Imagine Shop at Selfridges feat…ures augmented-reality watch store and Zaha yacht
- The Plain Collection by Maarten Baas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories